Thanks and encouragement

ReaL

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I have just had my HA1BC back today 6 months after diagnosis of Type 2. So grateful that it has gone from 105.5 mmol/mol to 37.5. I have been on a LCHF diet and have lost over 3 stone. I stopped taking Metaformin 3 months ago. I would have had no idea about the diet had it not been this site and all the good people who take their time to post on here and give such good advice. So as much as I wanted to boast a wee bit about it (sorry but I am chuffed) I also wanted to say thanks too.

I also wanted to let other know that are perhaps earlier on in this journey that a diagnosis of Type 2 is (although a bit shocking at the time) not the end of the world. I know how hard it is in the first couple of weeks trying to work out what you can and can't eat but tonight, having decided that I would have whatever I wanted, I found after strolling round the supermarket there was nothing that I really missed. I have pushed the boat out a bit and am having chicken korma that has 10 g of carbs in it but with cauliflower rice cause that's what I fancy. My taste buds have certainly changed. I have had fab meals over the last 6 months including a lot of stuff in restaurants that I probably wouldn't have picked before. I have also walked most of the West Highland Way which is something I have wanted to do since 1988!! Going to finish it next weekend.

Anyhoo, don't want to say a type 2 diagnosis is the best thing that has ever happened to me but its certainly not the worst and has probably added a good few years onto my life expectancy!!

Thanks to all you good folks out there that have gone before and helped me on the right track to beat this thing. (well kick it into touch for the time being)

ReaL

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wowsers that is some reduction.. well done you! nice weight loss as well.. many congratulations.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great HbA1c and weight reductions @ReaL - thanks for posting, it's always good to hear success stories! :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant result! And all due to your hard work. WELL DONE!!!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Huge reduction in HbA1c! Excellent! Keep up the good work!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
all been said... but well done, fantastic effort.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is great- I would like to thank you for posting also- I think for us a bit behind you on the journey ny positive stories are really welcome. The advice from the medical professionals tend to be full of doom so positive outcomes really make a difference.

Thank you and congratulations!

Robertuk

Absolutely brilliant. Well done. I’m at the start of my journey with depleted energy levels and your story has gave me massive levels of confidence that I to can get back to being me. Oh and I was literally about to do the west highland way and had to pull out due to the Symptoms I was having. I was diagnosed a week later. So that’s still on my to do list lol

Reemap

Wow .. congratulations on the reduction of HBA1c.. reading success stories give some us the boost to continue on this journey..