Thanks to all of You!

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had the results of some blood tests back from the docs. Included was HbA1c (tests were for a non D related problem) which was 38 mmol. This is down from 44 last August, so a very big thank you to all posters, you all inspire and help me with your experience and comments. As the A1c included the Xmas and New Year period I am chuffed with the reduction. As an aside, all other markers are good, the doc however, wants me to go on statins as my cholesterol is up to 5.9 total. Not a chance! The trigs are 0.7, the LDL is up a bit, which is not surprising as I have been eating Keto for about 4 months, and I think the increased fat intake has done that. Besides as I low carb the small LDL should be minimal.

You lot Rock!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news well done you! And agree completely on the statins.. Do you know your HDL out of interest?

Reactions: jjraak

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HDL was 1.93. According to hughcalc all the ratios are good.
It’s a bit concerning that the Doc I saw is a Registrar fresh out of her hospital training, so it would appear that the juggernaut that is the NHS isn’t turning yet.
She also said I should not be testing my BGL at home. A “discussion” ensued!!

Reactions: Prem51 and Juicyj

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s a bit concerning that the Doc I saw is a Registrar fresh out of her hospital training, so it would appear that the juggernaut that is the NHS isn’t turning yet.

Tell her she shouldn't check the oil in her car and only get it serviced once every ten years.

Reactions: Prem51

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Rachox but it was you lot who pointed me in the right direction. It has been a steep learning curve and sometimes it seems as though I will never get it right!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rustytypin well done on your results. You have knuckled down accepted the challenge and happy days ahead.

Edited by mod to tag the correct member. Hope you don’t mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So even the new one's are being indoctrinated with the old rubbish.. hey ho.. we'll just have to tell 'em.
Wonderful Trig/HDL ratio well done!

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks BB.
I found it sad that the NHS has not moved on on this as an organisation, more power to those doctors who have seen the light!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another winner via DCUK and its amazing forum members. Well done @Rustytypin

Edited by mid to tag the correct member. Hope you don’t mind.

Last edited by a moderator: