1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Thanks to the community

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Poquito Mal, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Poquito Mal

Poquito Mal Type 2 · Newbie

I've been lurking on these forums for a couple of months and thought it was time to say hi.

Three months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 with an a1c of 14.3% and fasting blood sugar of 16.5. Did a lot of searching the internet for information and quickly found this site and I've seen what a fantastic community you are. I read Dr. Fung's "The Diabetes Code" and thought it made a lot of sense so I started practicing intermittent fasting and reducing carbs.

Just saw my doctor this week, 45lb lighter and with an a1c of 6.2% and glucometer readings all within the normal range. Not taking any meds (stopped taking Metformin when I began fasting as it didn't agree with me on an empty stomach.) Dr. says that makes me his 6th patient in his 35 years of practice to achieve that kind of success!

I just wanted to thank you all for all the information, encouragement, and support, even though it wasn't directed at me.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

That's an impressive turn around in three months well done you.
    I bet you feel so much better for taking charge of your health.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Crackin' job there, well done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Brilliant achievement. Well done!
    And thank you for posting to telleveryone about it :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations what a magnificent turnaround in just three months A very big well done from me too brilliant progress. I’m sure your story will inspire others too who are reading this forum and have been diagnosed and wanting to turn back the clock.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

WOW that is absolutely brilliant. Well done you for taking the bull well and truly by the horns. You will have inspired others by sharing your journey. Thank you for that too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Poquito Mal

Poquito Mal Type 2 · Newbie

Thanks guys. Reading some of the stories from members of this forum was a huge inspiration for me knowing what's possible, so I'm glad to be able to show another example.

Funnily enough my doctor still isn't sure about the fasting but he's not going to argue with results. I think he knows it'd be a pretty hard sell if he tried anyway, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook