Thanks to the community

Poquito Mal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been lurking on these forums for a couple of months and thought it was time to say hi.

Three months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 with an a1c of 14.3% and fasting blood sugar of 16.5. Did a lot of searching the internet for information and quickly found this site and I've seen what a fantastic community you are. I read Dr. Fung's "The Diabetes Code" and thought it made a lot of sense so I started practicing intermittent fasting and reducing carbs.

Just saw my doctor this week, 45lb lighter and with an a1c of 6.2% and glucometer readings all within the normal range. Not taking any meds (stopped taking Metformin when I began fasting as it didn't agree with me on an empty stomach.) Dr. says that makes me his 6th patient in his 35 years of practice to achieve that kind of success!

I just wanted to thank you all for all the information, encouragement, and support, even though it wasn't directed at me.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's an impressive turn around in three months well done you.
I bet you feel so much better for taking charge of your health.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant achievement. Well done!
And thank you for posting to telleveryone about it :D

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations what a magnificent turnaround in just three months A very big well done from me too brilliant progress. I’m sure your story will inspire others too who are reading this forum and have been diagnosed and wanting to turn back the clock.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW that is absolutely brilliant. Well done you for taking the bull well and truly by the horns. You will have inspired others by sharing your journey. Thank you for that too.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Poquito Mal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys. Reading some of the stories from members of this forum was a huge inspiration for me knowing what's possible, so I'm glad to be able to show another example.

Funnily enough my doctor still isn't sure about the fasting but he's not going to argue with results. I think he knows it'd be a pretty hard sell if he tried anyway, lol.