The Calorie,Carb and Fat Bible 2009

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible 2009.
Published by
Weight Loss Resources Ltd.Peterborough. ISBN 978 1 904512 07 3
Authors: Lyndel Costain BSc RD / Julliette Kellow BSc RD ? Rebecca Walton. Weight Loss Resources.

My distance eyesight is great but when I am looking at small print I can only see it by moving the book or leaflet backwards and forwards like I am playing a trombone !!! Treated myself to the Collins Gem Books on Carbs and also Calories. Great to put in the pocket if you are off out but most of my needs were when at home and needing to check something. I really struggle with the miniscule print.

SO.....

I bought this book instead. Just got it and it already looks like a good reference book if you want Calories, Carbs Protein, Fat and FIbre. It doesnt cover all foods but ceratinly enough information is in there to cover most eventualities. The book is in paperback format and is 4 times the size of the Collins Gem range. So definitely not one for the pocket or a handbag.

Most people on here would do well to avoid the 'healthy' eating advice though, it is based on the FSA guidelines. No surprises there then. If you can tolerate carbs then it is still a good reference book.

The book is available at all good bookstores and is listed at £12.99. You can get it cheaper if you shop around.

Ken.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ken
I have several reference books, as you've probably guessed and I have good sight, except lifelong short sight and now presbyopia from aging. I see perfectly with glasses.
T1 husband on the other hand has poorer sight. I bought him a gizmo I'll heartily recommend to you. It's a magnifyer ( prismatic) with integral light. the size and shape of a credit card.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Thanks Hana. I do have a small magnifier and also some reading glasses but I will look out for the one you mentioned. Seems like it might be just the job when I am out.

Ken. :D