The donuts in the break room

CanadianGuy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
The other day somebody at my office brought donuts to the office. Not just your run of the mill donuts, but these expensive, bespoke city-famous donuts from the hip part of town with no parking and a line of people queuing out the door just to get a piece. I could smell them as the box was brought into the office. Some with nuts, some with candied bits on them, most with some kind of custard or "goo" inside. They smelled like heaven.
But I didn't want to go back down the junk food road. I've been doing so well!
My office of 12 people gathered in the break room and scarfed them down. I was singled out for not wanting one.
"No thank you," I smiled. I patted to my stomach. I've been losing weight at a steady pace with my healthy diet and hard exercise plan.
I went back into the break room later to grab something from the fridge. The donuts were all sitting on the lunch table, several still left.
Okay I give up.
I cut out a half of a donut. Half is 50% less bad than 1, right?
But no, I couldn't do it. So I walked away, went back to my office, and started to work.
I walked back that way, passed by, looked down in the box. I went to reach for the half-donut. It was oozing with custard and covered in nuts. I stopped my hand from touching the donut. I walked away again.
I found myself back in the break room.
"I can have a PIECE!" I said to myself (in my head). I took out a butterknife and carved out a one inch piece of donut. I reached down, but again stopped myself. Cleaned off my knife, put it on the drying rack and went back to my office.

It just wasn't worth it to me. :)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The other day somebody at my office brought donuts to the office. Not just your run of the mill donuts, but these expensive, bespoke city-famous donuts from the hip part of town with no parking and a line of people queuing out the door just to get a piece. I could smell them as the box was brought into the office. Some with nuts, some with candied bits on them, most with some kind of custard or "goo" inside. They smelled like heaven.
But I didn't want to go back down the junk food road. I've been doing so well!
My office of 12 people gathered in the break room and scarfed them down. I was singled out for not wanting one.
"No thank you," I smiled. I patted to my stomach. I've been losing weight at a steady pace with my healthy diet and hard exercise plan.
I went back into the break room later to grab something from the fridge. The donuts were all sitting on the lunch table, several still left.
Okay I give up.
I cut out a half of a donut. Half is 50% less bad than 1, right?
But no, I couldn't do it. So I walked away, went back to my office, and started to work.
I walked back that way, passed by, looked down in the box. I went to reach for the half-donut. It was oozing with custard and covered in nuts. I stopped my hand from touching the donut. I walked away again.
I found myself back in the break room.
"I can have a PIECE!" I said to myself (in my head). I took out a butterknife and carved out a one inch piece of donut. I reached down, but again stopped myself. Cleaned off my knife, put it on the drying rack and went back to my office.

It just wasn't worth it to me. :)
Well done i dont think i could of resisted