1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The forums Pet thread :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robinredbreast, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

That's one cool cat Lee, so chilled out, love it :) RRB

2. LittleWolf

LittleWolf · Well-Known Member

Aww... What a happy kitty, I love it when they roll over grinning their faces off. And the slumped on the shelf one is adorable

Careful with animals and chocolate (and grapes) though x Though I admit, sometimes my kitty steals a bit of toast and marmite with all that salt...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thought you might like see my rescue dog Freddie and his best friend Lola the French bulldog. Freddie was rescued from a Spanish dogs home where they only get10 days before put to sleep. We love them both dearly.

Attached Files:

4. lrw60

lrw60 · Well-Known Member

Lovely dogs connie. Do you think they know how much we love it when they poke their tongues out?! :think:

5. Cupcaake32

Cupcaake32 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This is trafford (ginger) and doodle (tri) they are my boys age 2 and 5 months

Attached Files:

6. NorthernPam

NorthernPam · Member

Lab Sam (Oakmire Sam) who I can't believe will be 10 in the autumn.

After losing Bonnie, last of 3 cats, aged 20 last June I rescued 5-year old Bluebell in September. She had already been abandoned and rescued twice but is now in her forever home and has settled well though still somewhat nervous.

A week later I brought home a very tiny kitten and named him Barney and he will be a year old next week. He's a laugh a minute! Still climbing curtains and chasing everything that moves. He adores Sam, rubs up against him, and I often find them nuzzling cheek-to-cheek. Lovely to see.

Attached Files:

7. lrw60

I feel a bit silly. Thanks to all who liked the pictures of my cat Sundi, and all your comments. But I forgot to say that Sundi died 25 years ago. It just didn't occur to me to mention it.

8. WeeWillie

WeeWillie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Irw60,
    There's absolutely no reason to feel silly, many, many of us do things we feel rather silly about later.
    Just forget it and continue to enjoy the Forum and this excellent thread. :thumbup:

willie.

9. Moaney

Moaney Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

10. Robinredbreast

RIP Sundi, you still have wonderfully fond and treasured memories of your beloved cat, that's forever :)

Best wishes RRB

11. lrw60

Thank you Willie and RRB. He's always with me. :)

Lee

12. benjygirl

benjygirl Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've just come back from the vets having had my much loved 18yr old Burmese Poppy put to sleep :( She was getting quite frail but in this heat she deteriorated very quickly. I will really miss her as she was a very vocal cat :(

13. lrw60

So sorry benjygirl. 18 years is an excellent number of years to have shared your life with a special cat. Mine was 16.

14. Robinredbreast

I'm so sorry to hear of your news :( You will have lovely memories of her and I'm sure she will always have a special place in your heart. RIP Poppy

Take care RRB

15. benjygirl

I really missed her this morning as she always jumped on the bed to have the milk at the bottom of my cereal bowl :(

16. connie104

Have you read rainbow bridge about where pets go when they die ? If not watch it on you tube I am sure it will help. We lost out Lakeland terrier Madge who was 18. I have pictures of her with my son at 5 right thru til he was 22. I still miss her even though we have 2 adorable other dogs.

17. connie104

Just found these photos of Madge she was about 17 in these photos.

18. connie104

Attached Files:

19. benjygirl

20. Robinredbreast

On Friday morning I am taking my cat, Sonny, to the vets at 8.30am to have his 6 month blood pressure check. He has had very high BP, it was 230 then 200 and is on tablets. It has affected his vision, which the vet told me it is common in cats. He is about 14 ( got him from The Cats Protection League) and his claws will need a trim, as he's doesn't do so much walking as he used to. I do worry when he goes in and when they phone me to collect him, I'm happy, I hope his BP has gone down a bit more, bless him:)

RRB

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook