1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

THE GREAT TRANSATLANTIC ALMOND BUTTER CAPER

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zauberflote, Nov 14, 2020.

1. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Or challenge. I'm pining for a good heist/caper movie but Danny Ocean has sung his last, sigh.
    Here is where to sign on to the "how long can you make a jar of almond butter last" challenge.
    I don't have any yet, but when I do it will be 12 oz/340g. I'll store half away for "later" to be legal, since UK contenders seem to be half that size!
    Anything to amuse ourselves, right?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I am usually an incorrigible joiner inner - it comes from my involvement with folk music I suspect - but I would win because I have no idea what I could use almond butter for.
    Maybe try it as a wrinkle suppressor?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. zauberflote

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@Resurgam it doesn’t work as wrinkle suppressor - I can vouch for that as I go through a ton of the stuff but still have wrinkles! Maybe plastering it on my face rather than eating it is the way to go?
    @zauberflote I have started and am now halfway through the jar I had sitting patiently in my cupboard waiting for the challenge to begin. Now I need to get another jar to start at the same time.
    I need to know what brand @Goonergal is using so I can get the same. I’ve seen jars at 210g and 170g. Even if I see a 340g jar like you I daren’t buy it - no way I could aliquot half into a different jar with out eating most of it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. zauberflote

@DJC3 we are super-size Americans lol. This is smaller than the usual smallest size of peanut butter, and actually the smallest almond butter in that store. I have said hello in a very friendly fashion to my jar a few times since I stirred it. Stirring it was more like making out with it than saying hello
    I'm making up for possibly a year without!
    So @Goonergal quick before I eat too much, git on over here and let us know how much your jar weighs!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Morning @zauberflote and @DJC3

I’m going to have to bow out gracefully. I already bought a second pot, having finished the first and while I LOVE the idea of this and it’s all good fun, I don’t think it’s going to help my quest to try and ditch the stuff.

That said, I have most of a jar of Pip&Nut crunchy sitting in the cupboard. My mind is trying to get it into the bin!

So I’m officially the party pooper, but I don’t want to give myself an excuse to go buy more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@Goonergal don’t chuck your 1/2 used jar away and no need to buy more - you can still play using that! It’s almost irrelevant how big the jar is really, once it’s opened it doesn’t last long anyway in my experience.
    I have 1/2 the M&S jar left, I’ll use that.
    @zauberflote if you’ve finished smooching in the back row there, let’s start now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. zauberflote

@Goonergal what @DJC3 said! Alrighty we start now! You chuck the Pip&Nutty, and just use your new almond butter. Even if you've opened it. Cos mine is officially nearly half gone anyway!
    Are you looking to ditch cold turkey? Would a deadline help?
    Also-- nut butter freezes weirdly but tastes fine. If you hid it in a freezer corner, because so far as I can tell you are fairly cyclical with this, then it would be there if you rolled into another "it's okay to eat a plant" cycle?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. zauberflote

ATTENTION PLEASE: challenge cancelled due to mysterious international disappearance of almond butter.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Lol no idea where it can have all gone!

• Like Like x 1
  11. zauberflote

@DJC3 evidently I got the heist I've been longing for....

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook