THE GREAT TRANSATLANTIC ALMOND BUTTER CAPER

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Or challenge. I'm pining for a good heist/caper movie but Danny Ocean has sung his last, sigh.
Here is where to sign on to the "how long can you make a jar of almond butter last" challenge.
I don't have any yet, but when I do it will be 12 oz/340g. I'll store half away for "later" to be legal, since UK contenders seem to be half that size!
Anything to amuse ourselves, right?

Reactions: DJC3

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am usually an incorrigible joiner inner - it comes from my involvement with folk music I suspect - but I would win because I have no idea what I could use almond butter for.
Maybe try it as a wrinkle suppressor?

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Resurgam it doesn’t work as wrinkle suppressor - I can vouch for that as I go through a ton of the stuff but still have wrinkles! Maybe plastering it on my face rather than eating it is the way to go?
@zauberflote I have started and am now halfway through the jar I had sitting patiently in my cupboard waiting for the challenge to begin. Now I need to get another jar to start at the same time.
I need to know what brand @Goonergal is using so I can get the same. I’ve seen jars at 210g and 170g. Even if I see a 340g jar like you I daren’t buy it - no way I could aliquot half into a different jar with out eating most of it.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 we are super-size Americans lol. This is smaller than the usual smallest size of peanut butter, and actually the smallest almond butter in that store. I have said hello in a very friendly fashion to my jar a few times since I stirred it. Stirring it was more like making out with it than saying hello
I'm making up for possibly a year without!
So @Goonergal quick before I eat too much, git on over here and let us know how much your jar weighs!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning @zauberflote and @DJC3

I’m going to have to bow out gracefully. I already bought a second pot, having finished the first and while I LOVE the idea of this and it’s all good fun, I don’t think it’s going to help my quest to try and ditch the stuff.

That said, I have most of a jar of Pip&Nut crunchy sitting in the cupboard. My mind is trying to get it into the bin!

So I’m officially the party pooper, but I don’t want to give myself an excuse to go buy more.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal don’t chuck your 1/2 used jar away and no need to buy more - you can still play using that! It’s almost irrelevant how big the jar is really, once it’s opened it doesn’t last long anyway in my experience.
I have 1/2 the M&S jar left, I’ll use that.
@zauberflote if you’ve finished smooching in the back row there, let’s start now.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goonergal what @DJC3 said! Alrighty we start now! You chuck the Pip&Nutty, and just use your new almond butter. Even if you've opened it. Cos mine is officially nearly half gone anyway!
Are you looking to ditch cold turkey? Would a deadline help?
Also-- nut butter freezes weirdly but tastes fine. If you hid it in a freezer corner, because so far as I can tell you are fairly cyclical with this, then it would be there if you rolled into another "it's okay to eat a plant" cycle?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ATTENTION PLEASE: challenge cancelled due to mysterious international disappearance of almond butter.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 evidently I got the heist I've been longing for....