The joy of Energy!

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For ages before I was diagnosed with prediabetes my energy had been terrible - I finally got diagnosed when my doctor ran some tests because I realised I was walking at the speed of a three hundred year old woman and avoiding hills.

Just three months of LCHF and I feel so much better. Today I worked in the morning, writing 3,000 words, then as well as cleaning the kitchen and dealing with a backlog of washing, this afternoon I cut back all my hedges, chopped up the thrash and piled it up ready for the dump, cleared out the shed and hauled the old sink, piles of rotted lino and hardboard I'd dumped in there after a flood, to the front of the house ready for the dump, mended the gate and a fence, and weeded, de-mossed and scrubbed the patio.

I'm sure to some people this doesn't sound like much but I had lost the ability to get anything done and now I feel fantastic, thanks to the help and advice of people on this forum.
I have my HBa1c test later this month and I'm hoping for good results, but this feeling right now is probably the best result I could hope for :)

Reactions: 25 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, fantastic, well done. I'm sending you a list of jobs to be done around our place .... :woot:

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

For ages before I was diagnosed with prediabetes my energy had been terrible - I finally got diagnosed when my doctor ran some tests because I realised I was walking at the speed of a three hundred year old woman and avoiding hills.

Just three months of LCHF and I feel so much better. Today I worked in the morning, writing 3,000 words, then as well as cleaning the kitchen and dealing with a backlog of washing, this afternoon I cut back all my hedges, chopped up the thrash and piled it up ready for the dump, cleared out the shed and hauled the old sink, piles of rotted lino and hardboard I'd dumped in there after a flood, to the front of the house ready for the dump, mended the gate and a fence, and weeded, de-mossed and scrubbed the patio.

I'm sure to some people this doesn't sound like much but I had lost the ability to get anything done and now I feel fantastic, thanks to the help and advice of people on this forum.
I have my HBa1c test later this month and I'm hoping for good results, but this feeling right now is probably the best result I could hope for :)
Amazing ..you hsve lots of energy ...I sm sending a list to ...feeling so tired is caused by many different factors ...glad you are able to do so much more ..that's nice to hear ..kat

Reactions: 3 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Wow, fantastic, well done. I'm sending you a list of jobs to be done around our place .... :woot:
Soon be Cinderella with all the lists of jobs to be done :playful:

Reactions: 3 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Wow, that is amazing; once you have finished work for all the others on this thread I have enough work here to keep you busy for months; hedges to cut back, horse paddocks to weed and poo pick, + all the normal household chores; be nice to be able to see throught the windows!!!!

Reactions: 4 people