The knives are out..

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For Aseem Malhotra, Zoe Harcombe and Malcolm Kendrick..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...dhiamodTfCG5RfwfEy-QXyaaJLb_2fwaTitQ68vOxxF8A

Zoe's response

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2019/03/...pjyKYCReYkSo3UxtSAKwnmVVXczmKEXsTOIVXVRvs8zoE

Malcolm's response

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2019/...jzd9gTJ7vm_1Zu39DtIXKHm8cEHROMLiMv8XgVWz5uJ1U

Looks like the powers that be (Big Pharma et al) are feeling the pinch in their bottom lines...

I love the Mahatma Gandhi quote. It sums this article up perfectly.

Every article I read where comments are available just reconfirms how bad statins can be for you. People nearly dying taking them. Added a couple of examples.

They had hardly any time to respond! For a reason. Sorry state of affairs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-211846_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-211846_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 442
  • Screenshot_20190303-212952_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-212952_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Screenshot_20190303-213436_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-213436_Facebook.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 466
  • Screenshot_20190303-214002_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-214002_Google.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 454

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Funnily enough, I chose today to stop taking statins. I first stopped after getting my T2 under control with LCHF, then went back on a low dose after my cholesterol went through the roof (over 10) - I am a high responder.
But after 18 months or so, I eventually persuaded my wife that, with my age, it just doesn't make sense. I will continue to monitor my calcium score, which is very low.
So I was very surprised when I read Zoe's blog this morning. I am persuaded by rational argument, not frenzied attacks. It just shows how desperate they are.

I wish you well and welcome to the club of leavers.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Reactions: briped

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Exactly my feelings.

But most daily mail readers are unlikely to do the heavy duty reading I just did to establish just how bad the article was (and almost was even more inaccurate) and are likely to believe it in varying degrees and gobble an extra statin pill tonight. I guess it’ll balance the 2013’s temporary increased cessation of statins due to the anti statin coverage that occurred then.
The comments in the comments section for the article suggests people are quite skeptical of statins.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The comments in the comments section for the article suggests people are quite skeptical of statins.

This character assassination going on, backed by the usual tactic of trying to instill fear into the public may well blow up in their faces. This is probably just the start of it though.

Reactions: HSSS

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The Daily Mail! Who would even want to read that rubbish. I know from personal experience they just want to sensationalise and make money. If only more people could see through this. British Airways have already stopped loading this paper on board. Shame on Waitrose for offering it free.
I prefer reading the Daily Mail to a newspaper:)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A fifteen minute interview with Aseem Malhotra answering the question "Are you a statin denier?".

Reactions: Indy51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
N.B I answered with 'A' so I win a million! This was and will remain the only time I bested Aseem. :D