The Low Carb Food Company have ceased trading!

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for great input.
I’m going to bite the bullet and order from The Hand crafted bread company.
I’ll either be stocked up or refunded hopefully.

As a born and bred Cornish girl, the thought of a scone with jam and clotted cream has sent me dizzy! Cakey tea as we call it down here.
I've just done the same. The confirmation email had the same branding colours and layout as the LCF Co had. I guess we'll find out shortly who the real baker behind these great products is!

Reactions: Kernow Debra

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I quite like the Heylo bread - they do some very acceptable white rolls & bagels, plus a special treat tea loaf type of sliced bread. I find the seeded brown a bit rustic but it’s not as solid as some keto breads. Bit expensive but I don’t have very much - got out of the habit and none of the LC stuff is anything like my homemade sourdough.

The other LC bread I found recently was own brand Holland & Barrett in their chill cabinet - the seeded bagels were amazing! I bought them out the next time I went in, and stuck the bagels in the freezer. Hope they carry on doing them.

Satsooma

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember the lidl rolls!
Livlife bread is pleasant and is3.4 gms per slice. You get it from waitrose.

Just bought a loaf of this to try. Good price and it does have the crunch of normal toast but I’m finding it has a sweetness to it. Or maybe it’s just that my taste has changed. Good on the blood glucose readings though!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm very glad you posted that @lovinglife I was so excited I never even looked at the nutritional info but yes I could do a quarter or even a half with lots of butter and or cream and call it a meal. Thank you
Hi my order came this morning and have done the sums on the scones - they are 13.75g carb each - so I would count that as 14g for a full 7g for a half - I think I’ll be having them in quarters as 7g is a meal for me - haven’t tried them have cut them and frozen them. They are brown rather than white so not sure how near a scone they are going to be

The pizza bases are the same as KCF co so happy about that as that was what I was really looking for

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi my order came this morning and have done the sums on the scones - they are 13.75g carb each - so I would count that as 14g for a full 7g for a half - I think I’ll be having them in quarters as 7g is a meal for me - haven’t tried them have cut them and frozen them. They are brown rather than white so not sure how near a scone they are going to be

The pizza bases are the same as KCF co so happy about that as that was what I was really looking for
My order on the Handcrafted Real Bread Co is still "processing". Is that where you ordered from?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Paul_ & @Kernow Debra, yes from The Handcrafted Bread place, I’ve waited a few days so hopefully yours should arrive very soon.

@Margarettt i fear you are going to be disappointed with the “scones” in the interest of science and as I’d had a no carb lunch I thought I’d try a quarter with some butter and a cuppa. The texture is slightly crumbly like a scone and that’s where it ends, think of over sweet brown bread, they are gritty which is probably the sweetener and they have a bitter back taste in your throat. At 3.5g carb for a small quarter for me they aren’t worth the carbs

If you are looking for something down the sweet type product I know seriously low carb do a cross bun which are ok and they do a fruit bread but I haven’t had that

Margarettt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Margarettt i fear you are going to be disappointed with the “scones” in the interest of science and as I’d had a no carb lunch I thought I’d try a quarter with some butter and a cuppa. The texture is slightly crumbly like a scone and that’s where it ends, think of over sweet brown bread, they are gritty which is probably the sweetener and they have a bitter back taste in your throat. At 3.5g carb for a small quarter for me they aren’t worth the carbs
Thanks @lovinglife forewarned is forearmed. I read all these posts on my phone at work and came home all excited for a delivery but nothing yet

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, just had a text telling me my order will be delivered today. ( order from Handcrafted Bread)
The text was from Greenhalghs, so they are indeed the same company.
Next challenge is DPD actually finding my house!!

Reactions: Paul_

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yippee, just arrived.
The bread and the rolls are indeed LCC, fresh made with their label on them.
The scones I will try with trepidation @lovinglife I’m hoping that a gurt smothering of clotted cream will help!
They have a Greenhalghs label on them.

Freezer well stocked now, let’s hope the supply continues. Phew!

Margarettt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yippee, just arrived.
The bread and the rolls are indeed LCC, fresh made with their label on them.
The scones I will try with trepidation @lovinglife I’m hoping that a gurt smothering of clotted cream will help!
They have a Greenhalghs label on them.

Freezer well stocked now, let’s hope the supply continues. Phew!
We are living the same day. I got the same text and have just put mine in the freezer. The scones look suspiciously like the rolls.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh I had no labels on mine (pizzas) mind you I didn’t really look

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like the Low Carb Food Co is back up and running :) Email received this morning.

IMG_8791.jpg
IMG_8792.jpg

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah interesting, I’ve had the natural ketosis meals, at the beginning of lockdown for hubby to take to work, they are very expensive for what they are but are in ambient pouches- I wouldn’t call them a whole meal though just the main bit as they have no “trimmings” like veggies or Cauli rice.

Looks to me like LCF have been bought out or gone into partnership- I’m in a quandary now as I’m preferring the sliced bread from SLC but prefer the rolls from LCF - oh first world problems eh ;)

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks to me like LCF have been bought out or gone into partnership- I’m in a quandary now as I’m preferring the sliced bread from SLC but prefer the rolls from LCF - oh first world problems eh ;)
LCF are definitely in partnership with someone.
If it helps, you can buy the exact LCF rolls from the link below.
And delivery free over £20

retrogamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Most things that's good for me
I quite like the Heylo bread - they do some very acceptable white rolls & bagels
I've been banging on about finding a suitable bread on here for a while. I decided to give heylo a shot and ordered the white bread, rolls and sub rolls.
Look, feel and smell they are very similar to bread. Taste isn't bad but it does feel a bit like chewing on rubber. Definitely not a bread texture.

Am I expecting too much out of a low carb bread? Maybe I've just gotten too used to regular bread as part of my meals and anything else just doesn't cut it.

I think I might just have to accept that bread will no longer be a part of my daily diet or settle for no more than a couple of slices of nimble or kingsmill crustless!