THE MOST JOYOUS SURPRISE!!!

caitycakes1

Hi folks, not been posting for a bit as I had the most marvelous surprise on new years eve. My 23 yr old daughter who lives with me told me on new years eve that I would have to take her to the hospital. I, of course, was concerned and when I asked her why, she told me her waters had broken! I didn't know she was pregnant. She had concealed it from everyone. You can imagine the shock! Here we were on new years eve, shops closed and not a baby thing in the house (not even an old babygro). Blood sugars dropped but only momentarily until the stress kicked in, then boy oh boy did they rise without even eating! She gave birth on new years day (after a most traumatic labour with emergency forceps etc) to a gorgeous baby boy who weighed 6lbs 11 1/2 oz. I then had to go out on the friday and buy everything required for a baby!!!! They came home on the Saturday and I have been besotted ever since. My god I am a Granny (and loving every minute).

Caitycakes x

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Many congratulations Granny Caitycakes, and what a lovely surprise. I'll be joining the Granny brigade myself when my 23yr old step daughter gives birth at the end of Feb. Enjoy every minute and take care
Suzi x

ChocFish

CONGRATULATIOS!!!!!!! That is such wonderful news, I just love being a granny, oh you will have so much fun together you and the little one as the years go by, I paint and draw and grow little plants and read stories and make up stories as I go along and explore and discover things with my granddaughter, we bake and cook and do all those special things together and oh, all those special hugs and cuddles, cant get enough of being a grandma, am so proud of it.

I hope all is going really, really well for you, your daughter and the little one.

All the best

Karen x

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
Hope all are well and your fine. I'm a Grandad twice now, brilliant feeling.
biggrinthumb.gif
biggrinthumb.gif

lilibet

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Was wondering where you had been. There was me thinking you were spending Christmas and New Year in Hawaii with a millionaire playboy LOL !

What a fantastic story. Am very pleased for you and daughter and new bambino. Does he have a name? Do you have a name - should we still call to Caitycakes or just Granny.

Lots of best wishes to mummy, granny, aunties and the wee fella. And im sure when you get your next fab A1c you will be floating,

x

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What A Shock, 8) but such a lovely one, Congratulations, :) my eldest grand daughter was 21yrs old on new years day, mother of a 21mnth old son , wait untill your a great grannie :lol:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Congratulations on becoming a granny - but however did she keep it a secret, living in the same house? I love grandchildren - we have a steady supply with two more due in March & May. (16, 11, 7, 3, 2 so far.) Babies appreciate me singing to them :)

I know my uncle John came unexpected - Granny was very short & fat anyway, but he was number 8 (not counting miscarriages) & I'm sure Granny was hoping there could be no more. As it was when Grandad told his big brother (who had 6 sisters,) the response was - "what use is a brother now - I'm 14?" Another girl subsequently arrived :!:

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Attachments

• congratulations5.gif
    congratulations5.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 851

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Congrats Caitycakes, what a fantastic surprise! Best wishes to the proud parents!

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
awwwwwwwww congratulations xxxxxxx :D im became a great auntie for the 2nd time this week and its lovely

caitycakes1

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes. Mother and baby absolutely fine. My head is still reeling. I am mortified I didn't notice the pregnancy but in my defense my daughter works nightshift and I work during the day so we were a bit like ships in the night :oops:

I am loving every minute of the wee guy. I have a 10 and 12 yr old at home too and they are delighted to be auntie and uncle. All in all a VERY happy household. An absolute bonus is that my blood sugars have never been better. I expect it's all the extra work little Connor is causing. I'll just have to wait until next new year to have the fortnight in Hawaii with the millionaire playboy!!!!

Caitycakes x

C

catherinecherub

You don't need to defend anything. As long as everyone is happy is all that matters.
(((((((Cuddles))))))) for Connor from me.
All the best to all the family,
Regards, Catherine.

chocoholic

what a shock that must have been but it doesn't take long for a grandchild to melt your heart, does it? My grandson is a constant joy to me, as I'm sure your new addition will be too. Congratulations, granny!