The perfect avatar

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well @Spiker we need to change yours because every time I look at your avatar I see the look on your face as you stab another needle in. Very disconcerting for all!
Even more disconcertingly, Andrew, that's also exactly what I look like when I'm not stabbing another needle in!

Reactions: 5 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Heck no ! Nothing like so groomed !:D

I'd like to say I look like this :
helm-crag.jpg

But who the hell wears a tartan skirt for work half way up a bl**dy mountain ??:eek:

The reality is this :
5530531567_0018814ecc_m.jpg

Argh, my illusions are shattered. I was sure you were the tart-an shepherdess. But I guess wellies and a woolly hat had to enter the picture somewhere.

I love your new avatar though Signy. I think we can see the real you now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well just to avoid disconcerting @Andrew Colvin more than absolutely necessary, I was thinking of downgrading to this avatar - what do you think:

dougal.jpg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well just to avoid disconcerting @Andrew Colvin more than absolutely necessary, I was thinking of downgrading to this avatar - what do you think:

View attachment 6777

NOOOOO!!!!

That picture is totally without the wit, charm and oozing sex appeal that we know and love in your usual avatar.

Please don't change. You would break hearts all over the forum (including mine)!

Reactions: 5 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Speak for yourselves mine is perfect l am a bad tempered African, barefooter and very rare so mine suits me all round. ...

Reactions: 7 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
And on the subject of footwear l am in better repair than usual so quite chuffed at that actually a lot better than when l saw the poddy and she said ok to barefoot before anyone freaks out....meet my right foot :p

Foot.jpg

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
And on the subject of footwear l am in better repair than usual so quite chuffed at that actually a lot better than when l saw the poddy and she said ok to barefoot before anyone freaks out....meet my right foot :p

View attachment 6778
My foot would go like this but I use a pedi pro on it to prevent the build up of dry skin. Your photo prompted me to look at mine and yep needs a quick going over.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
I was told just to put balmy stuff on not to do anything else forgotton which stuff so just use the school foot care

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I was told just to put balmy stuff on not to do anything else forgotton which stuff so just use the school foot care
Asda sell a thing like a sander called a pedi pro for 20 quid and it's fab. I use it with the body shop peppermint intensive foot rescue. Not cheap but lasts ages. Works well.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

My feet are dry rather than cracked but Simplyfeet Foot Cream is good for moisturising. I also used to get cracking around the creases in my finger joints when gardening etc, and found that Clapham's Beeswax barrier hand cream (before and/or after) was very helpful.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Argh, my illusions are shattered. I was sure you were the tart-an shepherdess. But I guess wellies and a woolly hat had to enter the picture somewhere.

I love your new avatar though Signy. I think we can see the real you now!

Argh, my illusions are shattered. I was sure you were the tart-an shepherdess.

Nah, sorry to disappoint, but that's the "Celebrity Competition", the ones us working bods like to poke pointy sticks at .

(Imagine a bunch of shepherds , huddled in the glow of a roaring TV, beer and popcorn in hands :)

"Look at that bloody manicure, I bet those hands never delivered a lamb in sub zero temperatures in a crack in the dry stone wall "

"Look at the b*lls on that! Can't see 'em, can ya? Ower ram has MUCH bigger ..."

"How the hell can ye see what you're doing with all that hair blowin' about in yer face ? "

"She don't look right, can't put m'finger on what's wrong ...". "Her nose comes to a point in the middle of her face " "No, that's not it, though yer right aboot the nose. That's it! She's clean!:eek: "

You get the picture ;)

Signy

Reactions: 9 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 6777

Nay, nay, a thousand times nay!
Why replace an avatar of a fine figure of a man, someone to aspire to? Ye gods, the sex appeal of the man!:eek::grumpy:
Father Dougal looks , well, too scrubbed !:rolleyes:

Change your avatar, @Spiker, and I'll morph to Mrs. Doyle, or worse, Bishop Brennan !

Signy

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 8 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NOOOOO!!!!

That picture is totally without the wit, charm and oozing sex appeal that we know and love in your usual avatar.

Please don't change. You would break hearts all over the forum (including mine)!
I agree with @Brunneria. You'll break MY heart if you do @Spiker! I like looking at your avatar, sure does capture 'my attention' ;)
I also like @sanguine 's avatar too inspired by mark Rothko :D

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nay, nay, a thousand times nay!
Why replace an avatar of a fine figure of a man, someone to aspire to? Ye gods, the sex appeal of the man!:eek::grumpy:
Father Dougal looks , well, too scrubbed !:rolleyes:

Change your avatar, @Spiker, and I'll morph to Mrs. Doyle, or worse, Bishop Brennan !

Signy
Noooo! I am Morph. Unless anyone has a better idea?

(Can't believe I just invited abuse)!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Noooo! I am Morph. Unless anyone has a better idea?

(Can't believe I just invited abuse)!

Sitting on my hands
Sitting on my hands

Gosh this it difficult

Stepping AWAY from the keyboard!

Reactions: 2 people