1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The SCREAM thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robinredbreast, Apr 19, 2015.

1. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Patsy - If that woman still wants to buy the house again, then ask your solicitor to draft an agreement to the house sale, at whatever price you agree, imposing a non-refundable deposit from the outset. OK, it's unusual, but it would flush her out. Then, if she wants to pull out, at least you are not out of pocket and have some financial compensation. If your house has been surveyed, at least you know where any issues lie, as that would be about her only get out clause, if the house were to have significant unknown defects later picked up on survey. She may or may not agree to it, but it gives you at least a modicum of security.

When I bought this house the vendor was a nightmare, so I do empathise with you. It's a horrible time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

well we decided to stay. stripped the wall cupboard of paper today ready for painting, have a roofer cvoming Monday to look at the roof after that will get a damp course quote but no way am I paying for all of that and then moving and she will not get another chance to buy the house twice was enough hassel for me lol but thankyou for the advice....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

4. PatsyB

it is still on the market how ever I shall nto be listening to the estate agent again I shall follow my own gut feeling I had the notion this women was messing or after a house cheap "Oh no said the estate agent she is very nice" forget it my hubby is saying get it off the market well after all the hassel of finding a house to go to and not only us being let down but the owner of the other houseas well we shall see what this week brings one good thing is we have got rid of loads of rubbish not needed ...chuckles

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. PatsyB

does us all good to have a rant don't you think.....well the roof will cost me 4500 pounds and after that i guess we shall stay in the house which has been sold tqwice to same person and apparantly she si well known in the estate agents...sighs just my luck to have had her try buy ours twice grrr

6. ellagy

ellagy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh oh.. that gave me a sore throat. I can not now find the recipe section ...low carb cakes ..... Just had some cloud bread and it is as stated yummy. Mr E wants to try a cake now.

Where is it hidden?

7. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

8. ellagy

• Hug Hug x 1
  9. PatsyB

having just got up I am wondering what the day today brings.....started stripping the big bedroom yesterday OMG what a pain it is stripping walls wish I never started arghhhhhhh

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ellagy

11. ellagy

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! There, now I have a sore throat :) but I feel better :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Can work wonders....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ellagy

Thank you Jan.... it is good to have friends like you lot!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

15. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

I ate curry goat in Jamaica - it was delicious!

16. PatsyB

well sold the hosue again yesterday now unsure if wnat to move as it entails too much work....decision time

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Did you sell it on the strength of work in progress being completed? Or do you mean the whole kerfuffle of actually moving? All the best whatever you decide

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. ellagy

LOL enjoy it Contralto. I have never (knowingly) had goat. What is it like?

19. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

:inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain:OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!:inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain::inpain:
    There's definitely rain on the way - and I wish it would ***** hurry up!!
    Sore and hurty fingers this morning and now I have excruciating pain everywhere!
    **** you, arthritis!
    I'm off to bed with my hot water bottle...
    :bigtears:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook