The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Hello.

So I went to a fancy pants spa hotel t'other day.

Big warning sign on the steam room and on the spa: "do not use this facility if you are .................. diabetic"

****** that!!!!! *

* I acknowledge the link between heat and blood sugar and of course it is not cool to deliberately put yourself at risk of a hypo. But a girl needs to unclog her pores from time to time!
Take care as @chris lowe had a funny turn after using the sauna :(

Reactions: 4 people

Janiept

Expert
To My Neighbours. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY YOUR MUSIC SO ******* LOUD. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT, I LIKE PEACE AND QUIET. SELFISH ******** :arghh::banghead:

Reactions: 13 people
C

chris lowe

Take care as @chris lowe had a funny turn after using the sauna :(
I did, I think it was the heat that pushed up my blood pressure. It was something like 185/85 when I tested it at home. I felt really nauseous and dizzy and it lasted all afternoon & evening. :eek: Had to get Mr Chris to come and pick me up from the gym. I've finally got it into his head that I am not going in again.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

To My Neighbours. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY YOUR MUSIC SO ******* LOUD. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT, I LIKE PEACE AND QUIET. SELFISH ******** :arghh::banghead:
Luckily today I can just hear breeze in trees and the odd bird or two singing..hope neighbours turn it down soon....

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grrrrrrrrrr how the heck we supposed to know what our BG is when the meters give out such stupidly random information???? Today after lunch 2 hours...7.8??.....I'm like WTH NO WAYYYYYY....not possible so retested 5 times...and got 5 different readings .....take your pick which one you want to believe :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grrrrrrrrrr how the heck we supposed to know what our BG is when the meters give out such stupidly random information???? Today after lunch 2 hours...7.8??.....I'm like WTH NO WAYYYYYY....not possible so retested 5 times...and got 5 different readings .....take your pick which one you want to believe :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

To be honest 5 tests and 5 different scores is quite common. If the 7.8 was a true out-lier, and a bunch of the others were more bunched, I might be inclined to average them out.

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hmmm,i have to say..my accuchec nano is pretty consistant

Reactions: 7 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm,i have to say..my accuchec nano is pretty consistant
Mine has been throwing up weird numbers I put down to maybe a bad batch of strips but beginning to wonder now. Its just hard enough eating the right things without a meter playing silly beggars with the read outs lol

Reactions: 6 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really feeling feed up and low this morning. I am in horrible pain and my fasting bg was 6.9.

Ever since I gave birth my back has been ruined with excruciating pain when I get up and move. Getting out of bed sometimes has me in tears. Little one woke twice last night so my back is really painful this am.

Doctors don't take me seriously and three months with an osteopath and 18lbs lighter and still feel useless waist down why ain't nothing help me

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really feeling feed up and low this morning. I am in horrible pain and my fasting bg was 6.9.

Ever since I gave birth my back has been ruined with excruciating pain when I get up and move. Getting out of bed sometimes has me in tears. Little one woke twice last night so my back is really painful this am.

Doctors don't take me seriously and three months with an osteopath and 18lbs lighter and still feel useless waist down why ain't nothing help me

Mrsmac - The pain may be pushing up your blood numbers. It's a variation on a liver dump, where your body is throwing out sugar reserves to help you cope with whatever crisis you are in. I had something a bit like this a couple of weeks ago when I lost my voice and had a horrid throat and chest thing going on. So, maybe cut yourself a bit of slack on the fasting number?

Irrespective of whether the osteopath helps you in the longer term or not, there is no doubt that your trimming up will definitely help your whole skeletal system. The less excess our bones and joints have to carry around every day, the better, so please do keep the faith.

This isn't an easy journey, as you are finding, but some days it's just a case of finding a way to grind through it to get to the next one. Stick with it. It'll be worth it.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese

Excuse my asking but did you by chance have an epidural? The reason I ask is, my daughter had one for a twin delivery and has suffered with her back now for 28 years....the age of my grandchildren. Some days it's pure torture and she suffers if she stands in one place for too long, as when ironing

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Excuse my asking but did you by chance have an epidural? The reason I ask is, my daughter had one for a twin delivery and has suffered with her back now for 28 years....the age of my grandchildren. Some days it's pure torture and she suffers if she stands in one place for too long, as when ironing
I was going to ask the same question! I had an epidural when having my son and my back ached for months after. I used to put the baby on the changing mat on the floor and kneel down with my head on the floor, in tears.

The pain eased up after a few months but I've had lower back pain on and off ever since. I just put it down to the birth but when I had my daughter, things went too quickly for me to have an epidural and my back was fine afterwards. Now I reckon it must've been the epidural that caused the back pain.

Reactions: 5 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are very correct, my daughter was was just over 10lbs and got stuck on the way down. I was twisted in all sorts of positions and has two epidurals. I haven't really posted much about pains but it effects me every day.

It got worst so I went to the Chinese doctors today for acupuncture

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
You are very correct, my daughter was was just over 10lbs and got stuck on the way down. I was twisted in all sorts of positions and has two epidurals. I haven't really posted much about pains but it effects me every day.

Phew, she was a little bruiser. Awful pain, my daughter curses the day she let them use it

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I hope the acupuncture works. It helped my husband about 20 years ago, after physiotherapy failed to help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

So sorry to hear of your pain, how did you get on with the acupuncture today, any good ?

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it was good @Robinredbreast thank you. I had about 8 needles, an electronic pulse and heat. I am still in a lot of pain generally the nerve that runs from my back straight down through my left foot.

The Dr said I should try and come twice a week but that will not happen due to funds. I will definitely try and go again soon though. I also have been reluctant to take the anti inflammatory that the gp gave me about a year ago because I want to great the root of the pain and not the symptoms

Reactions: 5 people