The Wonders Of Smart Phone Apps

LadyV

Hello,

I've been dutifully logging my bloods and diet since Tuesday and I'm amazed at the apps available. I've been using My Fitness Pal for food (how awesome is the food label scanner?!) and mySugr for logging BG readings. I've been so impressed with both which have enabled me to easily see changes I need to make to what I'm eating, I was wondering if there were any more apps that are recommended? Do you have a favourite?

And how meters are not recommended as standard is beyond me. Talk about head in the sand without it, how could you make an informed decision?!

Thanks
LV

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I make all my own food.nothing is processed besides almond milk or coconut milk or butter or drinking milk or yogurt.
I use my fitness pal to enter my own recipes for my meals... But I also have my own spreadsheet with all my veg and fruits and yogurt or milk or cheese on to extra analyse my vitamins and minerals too.
Smoothies I also use the carbs n cals book for smoothies as this is brilliant for a quicker reference.

I don't analyse blood results, just look at daily meter and graphs on that occasionally.
Mind you I'm T1 so got the best accuchek expert meter and strips ok...

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@LadyV agree that MFP is awesome, it really helped me learn the content of my food - and yes, that scanner facility is awesome. I use an iPhone (sorry if you don't), my apps all feed back to Apple Health. So in there I can see BG, weight, BMI, amount of carbs eaten. It's a bit tedious but the visual aspect really works for me. I log BG straight into the health app but am looking to use a specific one for this, understand some will allow you to analyse it more ... if that's what you want to do.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
I just wish SD would bring out a low cost Bluetooth connected meter with an Android app.
I can buy low cost Bluetooth connected meters and diagnostic tools for my car why not my body?

Reactions: 4 people