Therapeutic Intermittent Fasting

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm certainly more tired now I am doing IF (and keto), but if it helps me to lose weight that's fine. I've been tired for most of the last 25 years, so a few more months won't make any difference.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Indeed, interesting, but in my case and of course the need for supplements is totally unnecessary and dangerous.
If you overdo the supplements, you will of course get symptoms.
The standard medical advice for Hypoglycaemia is to eat small and often to prevent the hypos, but some of us have found that fasting is beneficial in so many ways, not having to eat is the main reason and not cooking, planning, shopping for those missed meals throughout the day. It also helps in what I would call your 'default' natural state. It saves money as a bonus!
Keeping your blood glucose levels in normal levels is really good for your health, not having the symptoms is as good as any treatment, not having the mental issues that occur with hypers and hypos. My brain works better when I don't eat, so in my case, the hypothesis that your brain function is deprived is totally inaccurate. Having enough glucose for brain function is not dependent on how often or how much you eat. I have not found any research that corroborates that statement.
The body, for everyone works differently in ketosis, even if you are weird like me. The difference is that it is dependent on what other conditions you have with your endocrine system imbalance in your hormonal response to food.
As is often said, we are individual and having a hypothetical question about intermittent fasting without research is just these doctors opinions, and again, the need for this website would be redundant if these doctors weren't trained in how low carb dietary management of endocrine conditions can be so beneficial!

Not bad for a old age pensioner, been up since five, working eight hours, didn't eat till five pm. And felt great all day with plenty of energy!
And yes, I'm not tired!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not so tired now! Someone pointed out that I might just need some salt. It worked. :)
I have lost 16 pounds in 28 days. I love keto. :)

Reactions: Indy51