Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
DaveNN the porridge was about 3 hours before the walk . I don't usually touch it either but I was trying to keep the bowels going .
Back to my usual Greek yoghurt tomorrow !!

Reactions: 3 people

DaveNN

Jam, I find that a coffee enema helps with my digestive tract... So much so that I'm now banned from every Costa Coffee shop in the UK ;-)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
DaveNN you are nuts lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
You are so right lll

DaveNN

SO...I've deliberately just been on a carb binge. My PP bloods was 7mmol which high for me ( a strange day). I've now had a baguette, filled with Gouda, 6 custard cream type of biscuits and a pint of semi skimmed milk ( for my health). I don't expect to present much under 9mmol in two hours time. I'm not going to do any exercise, just going to watch Call the Midwife ( it's been on pause) and chill out. Regardless of the results, I start my final push this week, as I'm in Italy the following week- and cannot be expected to follow a strict Mediterranean diet over there, can I?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Mmm Italy is a perfect place for med food . Orrrr do you want an excuse to eat pasta and pizza lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
SO...I've deliberately just been on a carb binge. My PP bloods was 7mmol which high for me ( a strange day). I've now had a baguette, filled with Gouda, 6 custard cream type of biscuits and a pint of semi skimmed milk ( for my health). I don't expect to present much under 9mmol in two hours time. I'm not going to do any exercise, just going to watch Call the Midwife ( it's been on pause) and chill out. Regardless of the results, I start my final push this week, as I'm in Italy the following week- and cannot be expected to follow a strict Mediterranean diet over there, can I?

How's it going ?

DaveNN

Not good.... 10.9mmol. I now going to see what the net says. However, on that score I would suggest that I'm always going to be type 2, unless I watch my diet. However, I really did abuse it and even that figure isn't the end of the world. Will check it again at midnight and see how it goes. I suspect that it will drop like a brick, or hope so.

DaveNN

By my best guess I had about 100g of carbs. the OGT suggests about 75g. After two hours normal would be 7.8mmol. IGT is less than 11. So it isn't that bad. What I won't be doing is this test again ( I also had a twirl, I forgot to mention), as I didn't particularly enjoy it.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bloody HELL!! Now at 6mmol. Whether that is a 'cure', 'reversal' or 'remission' that is an incredible figure, considering the carbs I took in. I thoroughly appreciate that this result may rub salt into the wounds of a few readers...However, I hope that it's taken in the way that it is meant to. based on this, albeit one off...OK two off series of tests ..With my boozy do last night, I'm no longer diabetic. I would need to work out just how much carb I took in BUT it was more than enough to send me over the top and stay there for hours.

I don't wish to knock the wind out of your sails, but.....

When I too thought I might be able to better tolerate the occasional carbs I experimented with a sandwich and didn't spike at all after 2 hours. When I did the same experiment a day later, but with more frequent testing I noticed my spike was actually in double figures just 35 mins after eating. Had I only tested at 1 hour or 2 hours, I would have missed the spike and believed I could tolerate them.

Just saying... I hope your experience is more positive

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

DaveNN

No problem at all.... I'm a realist however, your test is flawed....possibly.
You may easily have spiked sky high quickly but the standard test is 2hrs pp. ...and you passed. according to my latest mega carb binge, I've come in not too bad. It's safe to assume that my meter tends to slightly under measure and I was well above 75g of carbs. I suppose the only way to accurately measure in the way that you have is to constantly measure your BG level. Again, you have most certainly knocked any wind out of my sails...in fact I'm going to drop a few pounds more, hoping that it will make a difference. 4" off my waist ( at least) and 6" off my chest since Oct, so things are heading in the right direction, even if I'm tacking back and forth.

Reactions: 2 people

DaveNN

BLOODY HELL....it's now at 6mmol. At 23:18 .So it's dropped 4.9 since 22.16. Now, I don't really know what to think about that but it does lend itself to me being IGT rather than type 2.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No problem at all.... I'm a realist however, your test is flawed....possibly.
You may easily have spiked sky high quickly but the standard test is 2hrs pp. ...and you passed.

Kinda disagree I'm afraid as spikes of that magnitude are just not good. We need to be aiming for steady numbers. Consistently

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This causes me some alarm.
(Are we still on the 800 calorie 8 week thread)?

DaveNN

Yes...and if we watch our carbs then we don't spike, as there is nothing to create it. ?..to a degree. Oh, there was another typo...you haven't knocked any wind etc...
Far from it, it's always good to hear another voice singing from a similar hymn book.

DaveNN

This causes me some alarm.
(Are we still on the 800 calorie 8 week thread)?
YES. But I was speaking to Muzza about testing the results.
The only way is to push yourself to the extreme and see how the body copes with a stupid amount of carbs.
It seems that, all in all, it's going quite well.
Not 'cured' but easily controlled.