Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Thanks Brunneria

DaveNN

You are quite right, yours is the NC diet- Muzza, apologies. Have you considered also asking for a glucose tolerance test after your HBA1C? The reason for that is to see how you now tolerate an extreme of glucose? Your BG levels are wonderful, that's without question, though you are following a restrictive regime. I repeat, your levels are the thick end of perfect...I was just considering the real world.
Another thing, your average readings may be better than you think!
I test 4 times a day, with the morning and bed time readings the most critical. The reason being is that ( OK based on presumptions) if my night reading is 5.2 and my morning one ( I do liver dump a little now) is 5.6, then I work on a 8 hrs average of 5.4 at maximum. Are you doing this, or simply averaging your readings?

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You are quite right, yours is the NC diet- Muzza, apologies. Have you considered also asking for a glucose tolerance test after your HBA1C? The reason for that is to see how you now tolerate an extreme of glucose? Your BG levels are wonderful, that's without question, though you are following a restrictive regime. I repeat, your levels are the thick end of perfect...I was just considering the real world.
Another thing, your average readings may be better than you think!
I test 4 times a day, with the morning and bed time readings the most critical. The reason being is that ( OK based on presumptions) if my night reading is 5.2 and my morning one ( I do liver dump a little now) is 5.6, then I work on a 8 hrs average of 5.4 at maximum. Are you doing this, or simply averaging your readings?
Thanks DaveNN
I have noted the Glucose test and will ask about that next time I visit the quack. As for testing I test BFG every morning and usually test another 1 or 2 times a day either randomly or when I have varied from the diet. Also I will usually retest when I have a higher reading. I will be testing more often in the coming weeks as I try to settle into a LCHF diet that will be new to me

DaveNN

No problem. The HBA1C is the gold standard test, as established.....it would be nice to know if you did have a bit of a blow out how you coped ( I'm not suggesting that you actually share this info, just for your own interest... ) I plan to do the very same when I have my next test in late March/ early April.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No problem. The HBA1C is the gold standard test, as established.....it would be nice to know if you did have a bit of a blow out how you coped ( I'm not suggesting that you actually share this info, just for your own interest... ) I plan to do the very same when I have my next test in late March/ early April.
Thanks DaveNN
I will post it when I have it done and am happy to share all the detail

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Day 15
Lost another cm off waist (91cm) minus 4 . 11 cm to the amber zone of the diabetes risk tape measure .
Managed a 4.5mile walk in the peeing rain
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456055911.183002.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456055923.100113.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
That river is usually more a stream

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @muzza3 .
Good luck with the next phase. Please take care not to make the mistake many do by thinking the hard work is over. That was the easy part. I speak from experience.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @muzza3 .
Good luck with the next phase. Please take care not to make the mistake many do by thinking the hard work is over. That was the easy part. I speak from experience.

Although I didn't do the ND, conceptually, I wholeheartedly agree. The real challenge (to see no change) comes next.

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys

Just finished my 8 week diet thing today. 30 day avg BG 5.3 Weight-loss 35.3 lb Now going to LCHF. HbA1c in four weeks

Congratulations, a really good result. Will be most interested to hear about your HbA1c.

Mine is in two weeks time, I will be on week 6 of the diet (with real food).

andyolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doctors telling me to take tablets
I completed a 800cal diet over 8 weeks. I reduced my weight by over a stone and a half. I am now 12st just above,just below on a weekly basis. My readings reduced to a good level, it was hard but with copious amounts of water I stayed of hunger. My diabetes is under control by my diet and exercise. I have notice on this site that there is strong opinions about low calorie diet in both ways. My suggestion would be to read other posts as you will read another positive side. Only you know what is best for your body so good luck

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Day 17 and doing ok .
Turkey stir fry with sweet chilli sauce and some noodles( not a lot of noodles).

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Day 18 FBS 5.2
Weight 11st 2lb minus 6lb from Day 1
Waist still 91 cm in red zone .

Haven't "been" to the toiliet since Friday !!!
Think I'll have some porridge and a cup of strong coffee lol

Reactions: 7 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Haha coffee usually helps but alas not today ! Might need to resort to ducalax tomorrow night if not response . Mmm

http://trumpdonald.org/.

C

catherinecherub

@Jamrox,
Try and ice cold drink followed immediately by a hot one and see if that works. It is something that I was advised to do whilst in hospital after an operation and it worked. Can't guarantee that it will work for everyone.

DaveNN

Whoa! That is a level of judgementalism and superiority we rarely see on these boards. How unpleasant.

I suggest that you open your mind to the idea that diabetes (and people) do not all fit your particular ideas of what they should be.

You are quite right!
I should have said...thats an awful result...you'd be better off wallowing in self loathing and pity.

Where on earth have I been unpleasant?

We all have a choice what we put into our mouths..sadly,that has meant me and thousand of others are now saddled with DB.

DaveNN

Day 18 FBS 5.2
Weight 11st 2lb minus 6lb from Day 1
Waist still 91 cm in red zone .

Haven't "been" to the toiliet since Friday !!!
Think I'll have some porridge and a cup of strong coffee lol

The triple crown's safe then... ;-)