This is a much watch for all of us and our families

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Yes I saw Jason Fung on the trailer and then watched the episode where he was speaking and the editing was very pronounced. The picture was jerking all over the place. Once I saw that Neal Barnard and Michael Greger were given longer and larger segments and from various other thing I have seen from them I realised where the program was going which is when I gave up after 3 episodes.
I can assure you I'm not closed minded but I'm not going to waste my time watching something that has flawed science(if much at all) in it and would certainly not recommend it to anyone newly diagnosed who hadn't had experience of these propaganda pieces.
Also you misquoted me, one of my pet hates, I said "a bit turgid and very “American” dramatic".
Note the "" marks around American and tell me you didn't understand exactly what I meant.
You also said it was a "must" watch in your title.. something with which I take issue.
I do not know why the editing was pronounced. The stance of the program advocates loads of veg, protein and good fats. There was a part of where they condemn being put on medication when diet can turn diabetes around for many. They probably look at different diets that work for different people. The founder of Thrive was talking about keeping away from the foods that we keep away from. Like I said I can only judge it after watching the program.I cannot say whether I think that it is rubbish or not..I just thought that it may be an interesting watch

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Well, that just says it all.

Dunno if that's unintended sarcasm or not ... and I don't care either way. The labelling of the post was what bothered me

Reactions: Hwad

Tannith

BANNED
The opening of this film,actually choked me up. This promising to be inspirational and very informative regarding Diabetes. This comes in 9 episodes..The video will explain to you what you have to do to get to watch the 9 episodes, its free and looks brilliant.

https://go.ithriveseries.com/fb-watch
Thank you for posting this and giving us the opportunity to make up our own minds about it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@derry60 no reason for the sad face it was new to you and you wanted to share it and that is fine I had a look decided it wasn't for me and that was fine also. So please do keep posting what you find and what you think may be of interest cause that's great.

:)

Tannith

BANNED
Is that the one that turns into a vegetarian/vegan rant... it's all about dietary fat and other rubbish? Or am I mistaking it for something else..
I didn't think anyone could actually watch anything but the trailer until Feb 28th, so I think it is a bit early to judge it. I have no idea whether or not it is about a vegan diet but a vegan diet is a perfectly valid choice for diabetics, along with the choices you and I prefer ie low carb high fat and Newcastle diet. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/vegan-diet.html
Also vegans have much lower rates of diabetes and CVD than we omnivores too so I don't think we should be in too much of a hurrry to jeer at them.
Type of Vegetarian Diet, Body Weight, and Prevalence of Type 2 ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2671114/
by S Tonstad - ‎2009 - ‎Cited by 384 - ‎Related articles
Prevalence of type 2 diabetes increased from 2.9% in vegans to 7.6% in nonvegetarians; theprevalence was intermediate in participants consuming lacto-ovo (3.2%), pesco (4.8%), or semi-vegetarian (6.1%) diets.

Reactions: OrsonKartt
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Why watch it when better advice is here at your fingerstips?

Hi Mike, people can watch it and then make up their own minds and opinion's.
Expect the worse, but hope for the best.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't think anyone could actually watch anything but the trailer until Feb 28th, so I think it is a bit early to judge it.
The whole 9 episodes were shown on Facebook in November 2017 which is where I caught the first 2 and then the first part of the 3rd one. If you go to the ithrive facebook page there is quite a lot of debate and a flavour of what you can see.

Tannith

BANNED
The opening of this film,actually choked me up. This promising to be inspirational and very informative regarding Diabetes. This comes in 9 episodes..The video will explain to you what you have to do to get to watch the 9 episodes, its free and looks brilliant.

https://go.ithriveseries.com/fb-watch
I don't want to be a vegan. I like meat too much (and eggs). I am quite satisfied that our existing laws protect animal welfare, and dislike seeing vegans interfering with farming. Having said
that, I don't understand why the suggestion of a vegan diet for health reasons has provoked such apparent anger among the low carbers. Vegans have about one third the risk of getting diabetes as omnivores and have less obesity and CVD. They must be doing something right. I find it very narrow minded of the low carbers to reject him out of hand. And what if he is trying to sell his book? Plenty of people do that. I shan't be reading it. I don't need a book to tell me which products are derived from animals. I am an adult -I can make my own choices. The poster kindly drew our attention to a diet which statistics show, reduces the incidence of diabetes. I don't think they should be criticised for that.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry but what does WFPB stand for please?

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I don't want to be a vegan. I like meat too much (and eggs). I am quite satisfied that our existing laws protect animal welfare, and dislike seeing vegans interfering with farming. Having said
that, I don't understand why the suggestion of a vegan diet for health reasons has provoked such apparent anger among the low carbers. Vegans have about one third the risk of getting diabetes as omnivores and have less obesity and CVD. They must be doing something right. I find it very narrow minded of the low carbers to reject him out of hand. And what if he is trying to sell his book? Plenty of people do that. I shan't be reading it. I don't need a book to tell me which products are derived from animals. I am an adult -I can make my own choices. The poster kindly drew our attention to a diet which statistics show, reduces the incidence of diabetes. I don't think they should be criticised for that.
They show different diets for different people, Vegetarian, plant-based, and for meat eaters. For meat eaters such as I also, they are advocating the same as what we eat now..Eat good fats, Butter, full-fat Cheese, meat fat berries, full fat milk (Not skimmed) and full-fat plain yogurt. So really they are helping people who cannot face eating meat. Good all rounder I found.