AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i lost 8 half stone in 12 months with lchf and continue to lose xx

Blimey Cath - That's more than a whole me you've lost now!! How much more do you want to lose? You look fabulous in your profile pic.

K

Kat100

I do lower carbs or reduced carbs ....
Lower fats and good fats
And tweak my veggie diet ....
But I am delighted ....I am almost back to my normal weight ....before I became unwell ...
I know the cause now ...
4 stones lost ....I am me again :)

It has been a steady weight loss over two years ....

Reactions: 2 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Behave - what a load of tosh
No one should be hostile with another member here .
Based on what they eat or diet plan with .

Hostile unacceptance just creates and breeds negativity .
DCUK is supposed to be a supporting community to
all members .

If a member eats a sack of spuds and another a bag of lettuce leaves
They should both receive the same level/degree of support .

No sides taken within the forum - it isn't a football game here .
So what is it you disagree with ? You don't think the majority of threads here that end up with disagreements are about diet ? I'm confused.....

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
So what is it you disagree with ? You don't think the majority of threads here that end up with disagreements are about diet ? I'm confused.....
My reply to your post - is very self explanatory danny .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If there was dialogue (where each contributing had their opinion taken seriously, and nobody had a closed mind, but really considered opinions we do not agree with) rather than debate, (where there has to be a winning and a losing side) we could come to a real understanding of each other.
That would be true progress.
The current method of majority shutting down minority opinions hampers knowledge acquisition.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If everyone spoke from personal experience without trying to convert others to their diet of choice, peace would reign on the forum.

I favour everyone being hooked up to electrodes. If enough ppl hit the report button... ZAPP!!!

Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
My pennyworth on low carb higher fat,
Lost weight although it was not a primary objective.
Ditched bolus & basal insulin, ditched gliclazide:cool:
Lowered HbA1c to non diabetic levels.:cool:
raised eGFR by huge percentage.:cool::cool:
Has it worked for me? HELL YES!!:)
Would I promote LCHF. I'll tell my story and support them to decide!!
Would I belittle anyone for not following my route HELL NO!!

Reactions: 8 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
If everyone spoke from personal experience without trying to convert others to their diet of choice, peace would reign on the forum.
I agree:):)
I favour everyone being hooked up to electrodes. If enough ppl hit the report button... ZAPP!!!
No thanks ,Would that have worked in pre war & WW2 Germany?:woot:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If there was dialogue (where each contributing had their opinion taken seriously, and nobody had a closed mind, but really considered opinions we do not agree with) rather than debate, (where there has to be a winning and a losing side) we could come to a real understanding of each other.
That would be true progress.
The current method of majority shutting down minority opinions hampers knowledge acquisition.

Open flow acceptance for all members here .
No closed minds (acceptance for all ) regardless of what or which ruddy diets
No majority versus minority - No team play with win v lose sides - No scoring system either .

Open flow acceptance debates/support - leading to greater understanding community support for all .

Gotcha ;):D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Open flow acceptance for all members here .
No closed minds (acceptance for all ) regardless of what or which ruddy diets
No majority versus minority - No team play with win v lose sides - No scoring system either .

Open flow acceptance debates/support - leading to greater understanding community support for all .

Gotcha ;):D

Right.
And when I see plenty of evidence of that approach, I will post about my experience.
Don't expect it to be any time soon, but would be happy to enter dialogue about that.

Reactions: 6 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Agree Brun (without the ZAPP's)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@anna29 @dannyw I'm a bit confused. Looking at your original posts I think you are agreeing with each other. danny says it's a shame there's arguments about diet, we don't need the hostility. Anna says we should all get on and not be hostile because of diet.........I'm not sure why you are disagreeing when you are clearly saying the same thing?????

Although I really don't think anyone diabetic or not should be eating a sack of spuds ;)............I would suggest counselling, it's very good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@anna29 @dannyw I'm a bit confused. Looking ot your original posts I think you are agreeing with each other. danny says it's a shame there's arguments about diet, we don't need the hostility. Anna says we should all get on and not be hostile because of diet.........I'm not sure why you are disagreeing when you are clearly saying the same thing?????

Although I really don't think anyone diabetic or not should be eating a sack of spuds ;)............I would suggest counselling, it's very good :)
I'm very confused too. I asked for clarification but my post was deleted ( again ). I was merely stating the majority of disagreement here is diet related. That's fact, not a challenge.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to admit most of the arguments I have seen on the forum are about who eats what, and some of them have gotten pretty nasty.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope I haven't put you off ? My comment was very tongue in cheek, certainly not hostile ? I too would like to hear your story but understand too if you don't want to.

No not you personally.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Slightly odd from me.. I didn't actually realise I had low carbed for all my life until coming to this forum.

I really genuinely thought I ate in moderation.

However, my problem was that I did not have enough fat in my diet.

I didn't need any weight loss but as soon as I added more fat in lbs literally fell off me.

But the benefit to me from the realusation of having to have more fat is that my body with the pains in my legs and muscles and my slow colonic has greatly improved.

Its been a struggle to balance the lbs being lost by adding enough fat in to my other foods.

Its not a true sense of success really as I was damaging myself by not having enough fat.. Although being lean. Extra fat made me more lean. Balancing the fat has definitely improved muscle pain enormously but the balancing act when you have no hunger pangs or wanting to eat is **** hard sometimes

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean me?
Sorry.

Really, I meant anyone debating diet and hostility, on a thread where people are giving their personal diet experiences.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have to admit most of the arguments I have seen on the forum are about who eats what, and some of them have gotten pretty nasty.

This is what shouldn't be happening - we should accept all regardless of what they eat / diet choice.
Hence my posts earlier .

Encourage other members who may have struggled to lose weight to post their
stories/points/opinions .
There will be some who have struggled to lose weight or are still yet struggling .

Let them have a chance to post their story/points/opinions here .
This is what this thread was set up and intended for .

Status
Not open for further replies.