Type 2 Thoughts please

bladey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi ,
I have been on metformin for a good few years, but recently my blood sugars have gone up.
My gp has suggested that I add gliclazide to my metformin. After reading some reviews on people who have been or are on this drug, I don’t really want to agree to take it.
I would prefer to go down the low carb route, so could anyone suggest a good site for easy to do meals/ snacks, or books I can buy?
I work full time and then on top of that , I have a springer that I go on as many off leads walks as I can, which leaves me a limited amount of time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Diet Dr website is good for low carb recipes, it even has a section for quick LC recipes, found here:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/search?s=quick meals
And with regard to meds it’s entirely up to you what you take, your GP can only advise. Ask for a few months to try adjusting your diet before accepting the new meds if you are reluctant to take them.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, do go for Low Carbs. If that isn't enough then Gliclazide may help. I was on it for many years at max dose. At first it helped but finally did nothing. Some say it can burn out the beta cells which may well be true. Insulin is important when needed. If you are slim then you may be mis-diagnosed so ask for the two T1 tests. If you have excess weigh then the lower carbs will help a lot.