Thrush

Jo114

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi, I was diagnosed type 2 in May and since then I've had thrush about every 3 weeks , does anyone else suffer with this it's driving me mad and I'm not sure what's making my levels spike for this to happen

Reactions: Freema

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Have you got a glucose meter? The thrush is almost certainly your blood sugar going into the teens and the kidneys dumping glucose. The solution is a mix of a low carb diet and possibly some medication such as Metformin. What was your last HBa1C and what meds and diet are you on?

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
hi, I was diagnosed type 2 in May and since then I've had thrush about every 3 weeks , does anyone else suffer with this it's driving me mad and I'm not sure what's making my levels spike for this to happen
I was like that and eventually was sent to gynecologist it was not thrush it was Lichen sclerosis which needs a lot of attention do not waste time because it is a serious skin condition.

Jo114

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have my own meter and when I check in the morning so at least 8-10 hours after eating the reading is about 13 to 17

Jo114

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks, I'm on metformin 4 a day plus atorvastatin , I'll check with my diabetes nurse on my next check in a week or so

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have my own meter and when I check in the morning so at least 8-10 hours after eating the reading is about 13 to 17

I second the advice to get checked out, but it's very possible it is 'just' thrush as that's a high blood sugar.

When you see your nurse, do let them know about your high levels as reducing those may help a lot.

Jo114

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been cutting things out as recommended any idea what could spike my levels to cause the thrush , does anyone's else suffer from this

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been cutting things out as recommended any idea what could spike my levels to cause the thrush , does anyone's else suffer from this

If it is thrush and is caused by the high sugars, reducing your carbs should help.

You've saud you wake up high but what's your blood sugar when you go to bed? That is, is it going high overnight or just high all the time?

Reactions: Freema

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had my 3 month check and my levels have gone up , feeling confused

Can you give us an example of a day's food for you? There may be little things you can improve on.

Did the nurse say anything about your higher levels or offer any help?