Today’s carbs.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi kev-w of course you were missed. Great to see you posting. Whoop!
Husband and self have been trying to shift ruby wedding holiday and Christmas excess weight. We have just had one blow out a week for the last 3. Today was the day (hit my target weight this morning)
Rasps and yoghurt
Salmon en croute a large portion
Lots of green veg
Rebeccas Christmas pud and cream
1 piece 95% choc
G&T
Brandy onoud
1/2 bottle of red.

Reactions: therower

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After today’s lunch out I have to admit to not being hungry but more peckish.
An omelette seemed the best bet. Usually have a cheese omelette but decided to try something different...... a corn beef omelette wasn’t as bad as I was expecting.
Bolused for the protein, not exactly a carby meal. May have to give myself a warning:) for not posting on topic.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again, I lied, I had alpro plain yogurt mixed with vegan protein powder and organic prebiotic powder with a large banana, 25g.
Came home after work, I had a cheese roll, I guessed 30g, a lot of crisps 50g, egg mayo 2g and a banana 20g. :) Curry is still on the plan though

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been a while so hi to those who remember me, but if you look in the food posts somewhere there's a good few photos of the food I eat as a T1d for the last 35 years, porridge, 3 eggs 2 whole meal bread daily breakfast, 4.5u Humalog, tin of tuna 2 bread 2 or 3u lunch, chicken curry and brown basmati rice for tea with plenty of veg, 6.5u Humalog and another couple of u for 2 Weetabix for bed, every, single, day, my HBa1c is47, bmi 24.6, BP 116/16 and 79.6kg aged 53 so the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak*

But not all carbs are equal, complex ones can digest to match your insulin and simple ones digest before the insulin.

*I don't eat puddings.

Food thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...OC82Cv38Z1xqdlq5u4GZqQIGMl9OI6Ci7Q69GKZ735n10
Nice to see you back kev

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brekkie 4 ryvita and cheese
Lunch mixed cheese sandwich and a bag of ready salted crisp.
Tea beef curry fried rice

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Breakfast - usual 60g of crunchy nut cornflakes
Dinner - just 2 sandwiches, milkshake and packet hula hoops 124g
Tea - home made burgers x3 bread rolls an a Solero ice cream. 98g
Not even close to being brown bread after them carbs.....and a steady 6 on the olde blood meter

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In the absence of buses home whilst an accident was being cleared and the absence of any enthusiasm to cook anything when i got home, the Supermarket Cafe provided cheese and mushroom omelette and chips. 50g carbs was the conservative estimate in case I really ended up walking the 3 miles home. With the shopping and the half a repeat prescription.

I think I over estimated. Or my insulin sensitivity is good right now. Just about to have a few more carbs before bed.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usual breakfast ryvita and cheese
Dinner omlette with ham cheese and peppers .
Tea 2 cheese burgers no buns and a box of micro chips only 30g and jelly an double cream

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, aunt Irma came to visit so all I wanted was sugar.

I had alpro yogurt with vegan protein powder and a banana 25g. Haribos to treat hypos at work and when I got home, I had boiled eggs 2g and cucumber 0, followed up by a chocolate doughnut 30g, caramel waffle 28g and chocolate biscuit 15g.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Full English out this morning. Egg, bacon, sausages, beans, mushrooms, potato slices, toast and fried bread.
Small piece malt loaf with a coffee mid afternoon.
Just back from an hours walk which bypasses a local chippy. A tray of chips with plenty of salt and vinegar was not to be missed.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower now that sounds a tasty day. Bit light on the carb front yesterday so no postings from me. Must try harder

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I had 200g alpro vanilla Greek yogurt 13.2g with vegan protein power, prebiotic powder and maca powder (5-6g) and a large juicy banana 20g.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Back in the UK now and the suitcases unpacked. On the outward journey the missus had filled 1 case with British foodstuff (fairly typical filipina behaviour it seems) and used the case to bring Pinoy brands back.

So had cake for breakfast today (well it needs to be eaten before it goes stale, right?). Have missed spicy food so we have a home made curry (with rice) for supper so let's see if I get the bolus correct.

Blood sugars a little high at the moment but back to work tomorrow with the boring diet.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the weather has played a big part today.
Omelette for breakfast.
Roast beef and pork for dinner ( on offer at Morrisons ), along with roasts , mash and veg.
Oh and an apple.
That’s it for today. Stayed in most of day doing as little as possible.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast ryvita and cheese.
Dinner lamb roasties mash and veg (delish)
Tea sausage and tomatoes on toast

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the weather has played a big part today.
Omelette for breakfast.
Roast beef and pork for dinner ( on offer at Morrisons ), along with roasts , mash and veg.
Oh and an apple.
That’s it for today. Stayed in most of day doing as little as possible.

….and of course, some diets are more equal than others.

Reactions: urbanracer

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening lovely people.
A work day albeit a quiet one.
Granola & yogurt.
1 tuna & tomato chutney sandwich on brown bread.
Banana ( post gym )
At this point I arrived home and asked my wonderful OH what dinner was ?
“ It’s a surprise “ she replied.
“Carbs ? “ I enquired
“Yes “ came the reply.
At this point I just pre bolused 8 units.
Dinner was......yesterday’s left over pork, rice, condensed chicken soup, peas, carrots and onions all baked in the oven. I was surprised to say the least. Nonetheless is was delicious but did require a further 6 units.
Finished off with a pudding.....an apple.;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

This morning I had 200g alpro vanilla Greek yogurt with all the powders mixed in, 20g and an all butter croissant 30g.

Later on the train to London, I had a cup of cherry tomatoes 7g, two baby cucumbers and a sandwich 25g.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast frutopolis yoghurt with half a cup full of mixed berries
Dinner bacon and fried egg on brown toast.
Tea 2 chicken breasts chips and broccolli and a packet of pickled onion space raiders

Reactions: MeiChanski