tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just have to share this . . . but after having high blood pressure for well over a year, my reading just a few mins ago was 129/80 with a pulse of 69. My Omron also tells me this is normal :happy:

My BP has been up in the 170's for systolic and high 90s and as high as 109 for diastolic. I've been on and tried several BP meds but finally something is working.

So, what is it then? Well, I'm now also taking a diuretic but I've drastically changed my eating habits as well in the last week - I've eaten NO BREAD at all, reduced carbs and have been "clean" eating - so all fresh foods - loads of veg and fresh meat or fish and salads or soup for lunch. NO cakes, biscuits, crisps etc either!

So now, after only a week or so of making these changes, and taking a new med (diuretic) I need to stay FOCUSSED AND MOTIVATED!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is really brilliant news.

It is astonishingly motivating, isn't it? :D

Reactions: Freema

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is really brilliant news.

It is astonishingly motivating, isn't it? :D

Yes, it's very motivating. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's the new meds or drastic change in eating habits . . . So will continue with both. I don't feel so bloated and am hoping I'll gain more energy, especially as I start to lose weight.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I got another normal reading earlier this evening of 126/80 with a pulse rate of 69. I'm so happy my BP has come down. I still haven't eaten bread for over a week and the weight is also dropping off. I think I will have lost about 6 or even 7lb by tomorrow and I know a lot of that will be water, but boy is it motivating! :happy::):happy: