1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Today, I'm NORMAL!

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by tigerlily72, Feb 24, 2017.

1. tigerlily72

tigerlily72 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I just have to share this . . . but after having high blood pressure for well over a year, my reading just a few mins ago was 129/80 with a pulse of 69. My Omron also tells me this is normal :happy:

My BP has been up in the 170's for systolic and high 90s and as high as 109 for diastolic. I've been on and tried several BP meds but finally something is working.

So, what is it then? Well, I'm now also taking a diuretic but I've drastically changed my eating habits as well in the last week - I've eaten NO BREAD at all, reduced carbs and have been "clean" eating - so all fresh foods - loads of veg and fresh meat or fish and salads or soup for lunch. NO cakes, biscuits, crisps etc either!

So now, after only a week or so of making these changes, and taking a new med (diuretic) I need to stay FOCUSSED AND MOTIVATED!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. majnoon

majnoon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congradulations on being normal, wish I was, I'm as mad as a hatter:singing:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

That is really brilliant news.

It is astonishingly motivating, isn't it? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tigerlily72

Yes, it's very motivating. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's the new meds or drastic change in eating habits . . . So will continue with both. I don't feel so bloated and am hoping I'll gain more energy, especially as I start to lose weight.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tigerlily72

Well, I got another normal reading earlier this evening of 126/80 with a pulse rate of 69. I'm so happy my BP has come down. I still haven't eaten bread for over a week and the weight is also dropping off. I think I will have lost about 6 or even 7lb by tomorrow and I know a lot of that will be water, but boy is it motivating! :happy::):happy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cindylover1969

Cindylover1969 Type 2 · Member

Congrats!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

8. MsMelis

MsMelis Type 2 · Member

Wow Tigerlilly -- so quickly!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook