Today's Diabetic Clinic Experience

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I attended a Hospital Diabetic Clinic today and during an extremely thorough assessment of my wellbeing I admitted to several unexpected hypo blood sugar readings during the hot weather. The registrar agreed that I am controlling diabetes very well but because of the recorded lows recommended that I should try Tresiba instead of Lantus. A Libre device was also ordered and followed by a discussion about the Hon. P.M T.M and the neglect of the NHS.

Well done that Indian born and trained in Dubai clinician! We need more enthusiastic and dedicated people like her in the NHS

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Ambersilva i also had my annual visit today and told the consultant my latest HbA1c was down to my self funded libre use and then gave him a run down of how I use it to improve my control and how important it is that all insulin dependent diabetics need access to one - sadly my trust do not fund them..:banghead:

Reactions: boboblck

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Ambersilva i also had my annual visit today and told the consultant my latest HbA1c was down to my self funded libre use and then gave him a run down of how I use it to improve my control and how important it is that all insulin dependent diabetics need access to one - sadly my trust do not fund them..:banghead:

@Juicyj I have had other great reviews in the same Trust with a Consultant who crossed over with diagnostic recommendations in other health departments. This review was certainly very thorough. The Registrar even took the time to read through my other health issues so that she knew what she was dealing with before I was called to her room. The last thing on my mind was the change of Insulin and to be supplied with a Libre. I believe this registrar will take the correct route to Consultant status.

I think all Health Trusts need to supply the Libre for all PWDs,

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I attended a Hospital Diabetic Clinic today and during an extremely thorough assessment of my wellbeing I admitted to several unexpected hypo blood sugar readings during the hot weather. The registrar agreed that I am controlling diabetes very well but because of the recorded lows recommended that I should try Tresiba instead of Lantus. A Libre device was also ordered and followed by a discussion about the Hon. P.M T.M and the neglect of the NHS.

Well done that Indian born and trained in Dubai clinician! We need more enthusiastic and dedicated people like her in the NHS
I attended my Diabetes Clinic a week ago. I also have had a few hypos due to the hot weather. I've never seen this particular doctor before but she didn't seem to realise what caused hypos even when I explained to her that the condition wasn't as black and white as she was making out. In the end she just told me to try and avoid having a hypo!

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
I attended my Diabetes Clinic a week ago. I also have had a few hypos due to the hot weather. I've never seen this particular doctor before but she didn't seem to realise what caused hypos even when I explained to her that the condition wasn't as black and white as she was making out. In the end she just told me to try and avoid having a hypo!

well that's easy then, now you know exactly what to do; don't have any more hypos...why didn't anyone think of that before? (ill just get my magic wand...:banghead:)

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well that's easy then, now you know exactly what to do; don't have any more hypos...why didn't anyone think of that before? (ill just get my magic wand...:banghead:)
I'll need your magic wand cos after 52 years I still haven't learned how to not have a hypo.