Today's Readings

Jawl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I've now got a new stash of lancets for testing and will try for some strips after work.
Which means I can test more frequently. But as I got the new lancets at lunch time, I only tested before and after lunch today...........

Breakfast.........2 hours later I had a snack..............2 hours later I tested then I ate a really good and healthy lunch............and I've just tested now again, 2 hours after my lunch. Before lunch I had a reading of 5.9 and after lunch a reading of 7.9.

Am I right in thinking this is in the good range for before and after food for T2??

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I've now got a new stash of lancets for testing and will try for some strips after work.
Which means I can test more frequently. But as I got the new lancets at lunch time, I only tested before and after lunch today...........

Breakfast.........2 hours later I had a snack..............2 hours later I tested then I ate a really good and healthy lunch............and I've just tested now again, 2 hours after my lunch. Before lunch I had a reading of 5.9 and after lunch a reading of 7.9.

Am I right in thinking this is in the good range for before and after food for T2??

Hi Jawl well done for getting your testing under way. Your readings are within target, obviously the lower the rise from before to after a meal the better. A rise of 2 is the maximum you really want to see. Here’s a table with the targets to aim for:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Jawl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Rachox. I had found those targets for type 2 just before I tested. I'm really really happy with that. I'll be having dinner in 2 hours now so I'll test again, and then 2 hours later.

Reactions: Antje77 and Rachox

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I've now got a new stash of lancets for testing
I'm not sure if you are using a new lancet every time you test? Some people here do like to do that, but many others, me included, re-use our lancets. Indeed, I can make mine last months! Sometimes I think they work better when they are slightly worn in. It's your choice.

Jawl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m still getting it right with regard to drawing blood, or enough blood. So if I don’t, I reuse the lancet. But I never re-use the test strip.