Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi

I run, but this doesnt feel related, my left foot little toe is swollen and feels like ive kicked the wall, right foot first three toes feel similar mostly on the tips, i can only describe it as someone has stamped on my feet, this has come on the last few stays, its almost bad enough to make me limp but not quite and its getting worse, i have knocked the running on the head last few days and its getting worse not better, could anyone who has had the toes thing tell me if this sounds like it please?my bg i fine, could it come on during good bg? im starting to worry , i once had my feet tickled by the nurse in the doctors and she said my feet were fine about a year ago, thankyou

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi Andy, sorry you are having problems with your toes, hopefully someone will be along soon with some advice. Hope they get better soon.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Do you get cold feet? Sound a bit like chilblanes maybe?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my wife says my hands and feet are always cold but dont feel like it to me, ive for the past year had this biting feeling kind of under my toes this was why i asked the nurse to check them but as i said she said they seemed fine, this pain is in the tips and my whole little toe on one foot in a different place to the biting feeling which i get worse when running

i work in a stone yard which is always cold, but it hasnt been a very cold winter, my feet are often wet also

would/could this thing come on over a few days if db related, i always assumed this kind of stuff would be slow onset?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I believe chilblains come from temp changes, like being really cold then going to really hot, not entirely sure but I have had a few already even though I do my best to keep my feet warm.

It might be something else though. Best to get them check out whilst they look swollen the doc has more chance of diagnosing them.

I hope that makes sense? I've been at the cider...........hic.....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol thankyou

im going to wait for the "nah its nothing to worry about, no need to see doc" answer then ill go with that one :)

the wife said she thinks its gout but ive just searched it on google and 2 things happened 1 i dont think its that and 2 i dont ever want gout

Reactions: 2 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
My solution to all illness is Calpol! I think when women give birth there is some subliminal Calpol cult we get drawn into

Have you asked the question in any running groups you may belong to?

My guess is something to do with running. But having your feet alternately wet and dry all day cant help

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I wouldnt want gout either. I get laughed at at work cos I have pink slippers that you plug into the usb. And I work with 3 men...........

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol i do have some calpol

thankyou

no one has said it sounds db related so im starting to feel better :)

im gonna do a 20 mile run in the morning and see what happens, unless it kills me then ill do 20 steps

A

Avocado Sevenfold

lol i do have some calpol

thankyou

no one has said it sounds db related so im starting to feel better :)

im gonna do a 20 mile run in the morning and see what happens, unless it kills me then ill do 20 steps

I was going to suggest that you go for a 20 mile run :nurse: That's what I would do if I had sore toes LOL

At my first check up recently, I was told if I have any foot worries to pop into the local drop-in foot clinic or phone them to speak to a podiatrist. Do you have anything like that where you live?

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know it's not what you want to hear, but the best thing to do is go see your gp. Hopefully it's a thing of nothing, but it's always a good idea to knock things on the head early. Best of luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do visit the Doc about your toes, my wife gets chilblains .. Some of her toes are very swollen, sometimes they split. Very painful. If it is chilblains then the Doc can sort out meds for them. If it's DB problems then catch it early.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have it too Andy and I sometimes get cramps at nights as well. I have asked and have been reassured it is not diabetes, nor does it appear to be statins - I stopped taking those to see. It seems to be a combination of the weather, not having cosy feet, too much exercise and not enough hydration.

If I sit on a chair and wash my feet every day in the bath in nice warm soapy water with a stiff brush, my feet always feel much better.

I conclude that it is something to do with circulation and not diabetes. My feet simply kick up a fuss if they don't get pampered and I truly believe that Joan Collins would be less of a pain if she was served up fish and chips in newspaper for dinner.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou guys!

the wife says theres a chiropodist person that visits our local chemist which is very much preferable than seeing the doc so i may try that :)

little toe definately swollen i cant bend it and all the sore bits are very red

"I was going to suggest that you go for a 20 mile run :nurse: That's what I would do if I had sore toes LOL"
i have to lol, im on a schedule :)

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Andy

Sounds like Dactylitis - not sure that knowing that will help though :rolleyes:

Hope you get it sorted out. Foot pain can be such a nuisance.

Doug

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou doug, yes indeed it looks like that, i dont have psorisis but in google images it definatly looks like Dactylitis or sausage finger ill read on thanks

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Andy!

I used to give myself chillblaines as a kid by getting cold wet feet and then sitting in front of the fire to warm them up. At least that's what my mum used to insist as she yelled at me to come away from fire LOL. Mind you, as I got older she used to insist that my 'silly shoes' caused them! You can't trust mum's advice - go to your doctor! LOL.

Smidge

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Andy, I would strongly advise that you get your feet checked over by your gp or podiatrist, as your no doubt well aware we do have to be careful with our feet.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyous :)

i stopped my run at 5 miles this morn, somethings wrong, when i took my trainers off i had incredible pins and needles all across my toes not just the swollen bits, ill make an appointment in the morning to see someone

thanks for the advice folks!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My solution to all illness is Calpol! I think when women give birth there is some subliminal Calpol cult we get drawn into

Have you asked the question in any running groups you may belong to?

My guess is something to do with running. But having your feet alternately wet and dry all day cant help
My wife is definitely a member of the Calpol cult. Her answer to any illness is take Calpol if that does not work take Neurophen three hours later. Then repeate pattern every three hours.

Pavlos

P.S. Sorry your not feeling well Andy. Hope you are better soon!