"Tofu Shirataki" Noodles - Who Wants To Try Some?!

Suave

Hi All,

After well over year of trying to get a hold of these things, I was finally able to - just like the London buses, you wait forever and then 3 seem to come at once, I got fed up and asked 3 sets of friends who were going to the US to get me some (without telling them about each other) expecting only one to actually bring anything back but low and behold, they all did! Ha!

Well, I am glad I did! I tried the normal Shirataki noodles that are generally available in the UK but really could not get on with them despite trying different brands - just too slimy for me and no real texture. These are quite different & much, much better - I think the added Tofu sure makes a difference - I made Spaghetti Bolognese yesterday and it was very good - these ones actually have texture that one can bite into and are no where near as slimy. The more you cook them the greater the texture so they are quite good in that respect - the trade off is that they are 2 Carbs and 40 Calories per packet whereas the standard ones are zero, but trust me that is a very small price to pay. So far I have tried stir-fry with veg and meats and chicken and the dishes have turned out great so far. I also made the Alfredo recipe using the Fettucine style noodles as well as a bacon and cheese sauce pasta which was very good.

You just rinse them really well (a must) before use and dry them out - I found the thicker the sauce, they better they work out but that could just be my personal preference. They are quite long so it is best to cut them into smaller sections first. I am so glad I have got these, I can now get back seriously into my low carb regime and not go through what I did last time - I intend to stick with it this time as my doctor has told me I am at risk of getting diabetes.

If anyone wants to try some, let me know as I have got way more than I need (they can also be frozen which is good) as I also stocked up on a ton of low carb tortillas, flat breads, pitta breads and other stuff! The only thing is that they really need to be kept cool or refrigerated so it might be best if you are in or close to London if you can collect. I can post but it would have to be in one of those polystyrene cold boxes and add some cold packs in them which might mean expensive postage costs! If anyone wants to know more, let me know, I will try to answer what I can! By the way, they come in two types - spaghetti & Fettucine - click on the link to see what they look like!

http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

Suave!

Website link corrected by moderator

annyct

hi
do you still have any of these elft, im desperate to try them and dont know anyone going to america anytime soon lol! if so please PM me.
thanks