ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Or otherwise know as Tibialis anterior, flexor Digitorum, and flexor Hallucis longus in the ankle. Running overuse injury. I wonder if being diabetic has caused these not to heal as they should? I have not been able to run (everyday) for 14 weeks now and am wearing a splint. The MRI scan came back and they are saying 4 to 6 months now??? Has anyone else had experience of this?

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/how-diabetes-can-lead-to-tendon-damage

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or otherwise know as Tibialis anterior, flexor Digitorum, and flexor Hallucis longus in the ankle. Running overuse injury. I wonder if being diabetic has caused these not to heal as they should? I have not been able to run (everyday) for 14 weeks now and am wearing a splint. The MRI scan came back and they are saying 4 to 6 months now??? Has anyone else had experience of this?

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/how-diabetes-can-lead-to-tendon-damage

Can't say I have read of any one posting, sorry.

But I can sympathise
Seems a given, diabetes means we may heal slower

Guess with any injury like that, you do need patience so the tendons/ligaments/muscles heal properly ..

Lad I worked with once snapped his Achilles .
Playing club football.
Said it was the most horrendous of pains.

Repaired and he walks ok, but unaware if he ever played football at the level he once did.

Best wishes it does heal fully & the time passes as quickly as possible .

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not that specific injury but I’ve had a couple of overuse injuries since diagnosis and both have taken over a year to fully resolve. The first was shin splints when I first started walking/exercising more and the second, and worst was a damaged Achilles which really was difficult to shift. In the end it was two weeks enforced rest due to an illness that got rid of that one for good.

It’s really difficult with injuries to the feet and legs as it’s difficult to avoid using them!

Hope you recover well.

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Heya, I'm currently suffering achilies tendinitis as I try to walk a few miles a day but am also 31 weeks pregnant . I hadn't put the diabetes bit with it but that definitely makes sense! It's a pain in the ar** isn't it