Tom Kerrige

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is getting sillier and sillier
The man is a celebrity chef who makes his money cooking the food that most people like enough to pay for, not a foot soldier in the grand lchf army!
The guy claims that a LC diet helped him lose shedloads of weight (11st?) but he is NOT advocating it for his followers in his new TV prog which is specific for weight loss. His name is being bandied about on this site, and there are many of us for whom his current advice could be harmful. It is not silly, it is necessary to point out the shortcomings of his advice as far as this site is concerned.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I would say there's no such thing as too much butter.. and Clover is an abomination full of all the nasty veg oils you want to avoid.
Thank you .

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The guy claims that a LC diet helped him lose shedloads of weight (11st?) but he is NOT advocating it for his followers in his new TV prog which is specific for weight loss. His name is being bandied about on this site, and there are many of us for whom his current advice could be harmful. It is not silly, it is necessary to point out the shortcomings of his advice as far as this site is concerned.
At the very start of the programme he was v explicit in saying that LC was the approach that worked for him and the approach he advocates but his task in the series is to produce recipes for those for whome LC is too difficult / not feasible. Which is fair enough - no recipes I fancy but its not aimed at me and thats obvious from the outset.
If he had been saying these are recipes to help people control / avoid diabetes then all the criticism would be valid but he didnt however much people might have liked him to have done so in that context all the criticism is unwarrented and silly

Last edited:

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.