Took a gamble today....

VMK

Well, after eating minimal carbs for weeks, losing a few pounds, and having reasonably good BG readings after meals, I succumbed to half a marguerita pizza this evening. Now 3 hours later, my reading is 9.9 !

God, I’m so stupid..... ☹️

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you’re not inclined to cook, there’s always M&S’s Meatzzas :hungry:

Reactions: VMK

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I succumbed to half a marguerita pizza this evening. Now 3 hours later, my reading is 9.9 !
Depending on the quality of the pizza the cheese on top can often be a potato cheese hybrid. :banghead:
:bag:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not stupid, just experimenting ;)
I hope the pizza tasted wonderful and your next pizza will be even better, be it fat head, mizza, or something else!

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It could be worse...ie. eating a mass of ***** bears our chocolate bar ...and ending up in the double digits...

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
We all make mistakes, sometimes we don't know beforehand and only find out afterwards. But sometimes we do know beforehand, but just have run out of the will-power to resist!.
Nobody has unlimited will-power! - We all run out of it eventually, the secret is to arrange things to try and avoid temptation - and thus preserve your precious will-power.

Instead of a pizza base, I have a good cheese topping on Aubergine slices (Egg Plant to Americans).

Last edited:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes crave pizza and realised it wasn't the carby bits like the crust I was craving but the lush combination of the flavours that you get from a pizza topping. That combo of tomato sauce, mozzarella, garlic, herbs, peppers and onion was my need. Once I learned that about myself you realise you can put toppings on anything- a low carb base like fathead pizza or Diet Doctors low carb pizza base. Then you are only limited by your imagination- chicken, chops, steak, omelette, aubergine, courgettes, even just in a bowl on top of nothing at all with any toppings you fancy :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My latest little mistake was thinking I could eat a Chinese takeaway sweet and sour chicken balls spring rolls and fried rice and not suffer the consequences which where a spike just under 13 so your not alone thing is to learn from your mistakes one day maybe I will.:)

Reactions: VMK and Antje77