Tslim O rings

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone else had issues with the O rings coming out of the cartridges when changing them?
I've been getting a lot of occlusions ( 4 in the last week ) and a couple of changes back I was struggling to get the new cartridge flush and on inspection the O ring and washer from the old cartridge was stuck on the pump, the following cartridge the O ring was lose when I took it out ( another occlusion) I've just spoke to Airliquid and they are sure its a cartridge fault not pump, I am not convinced as the 2 cartridges were from different batches, they are going to send me a new box and have said to call next time I get an occasion! I have been pumping 16+ yrs so pretty confident in what I'm doing, I use the trusteel cannula.
My time in range has been fantastic, 80-90% but since this has started happening over last 2 weeks I've had days at 50% which is worse than before I started the tslim!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @sninge Also a t-slim user but no issues here with cartridges - trying posting on the tslim group on Facebook ?

My TIR is around 60-70%, don't fret over the temporary blip though, at least you know what's causing it.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Also t:slim user, not seen this and never seen it mentioned before here or on FB. Hope you get it sorted.

sninge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey @sninge Also a t-slim user but no issues here with cartridges - trying posting on the tslim group on Facebook ?

My TIR is around 60-70%, don't fret over the temporary blip though, at least you know what's causing it.
Hi Juicy
Im not a Facebook user, this is as ' social media ' as I go!
I wont fret about the time in range just wanted to use it to show it is having an impact on my usual control. I guess I'm just trying to work out if this is a pump issue or a problem as suggested to me with the cartridges. In reality I know roche would have been straight in there with a replacement pump being sent out the next day, I realise now we were spoilt with their customer service! Airliquid have got straight on with sending a new box of cartridges but then I told them that ive already used 2 separate boxes. I loved the ' call us when you get the next occlusion so we can talk you through and work out where the occlusion is ' might not work so well if im on hold for 20mins but maybe I was just unlucky and usually you can get through much quicker. i will keep you posted on how it goes. Best scenario being ive just had an unlucky time as the last 3 months have been amazing with this pump/dexcom combination and blips do happen, I shall keep everything crossed. Many thanks for your replies.

Reactions: Juicyj and Chas C

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
It’s rare but does happen.. I think in 3 years it’s happened twice to me