1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

TTC with type one

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Charlieann94, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Charlieann94

Charlieann94 Type 1 · Member

Hi all,

New the forum so hope you're all well.

I have had T1D since I was 11 - now 27. I also have ulcerative colitis and because of this I had to have surgery at 15 to have an ileostomy or stoma bag - I still have my rectum so currently waiting for surgery to remove this. But, before that can happen we're TTC baby no1 as it reduces fertility dramatically.

I was wanting to know if anyone would share their experiences or stories TTC/early pregnancies. Currently on month 4 of trying, taking folic acid 5mg for around 5 months now and my HBA1c is 6.7 or 50mm. I have just been approved for a pump so I'm hoping this will further my improvement of the HBA1c.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Charlie

• Like Like x 1
  2. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

What is a TTC pregnancy/baby?

3. Charlieann94

Oops, yes! Sorry - Trying to conceive

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CH88

CH88 · Newbie

Hi Charlie,
    I was 9 when diagnosed with type 1. I had my daughter 3 years ago in March at the age of 30. It took us 7 months of TTC, seemed like ages but happened in the end!
    If you have any more questions please let me know!

5. Charlieann94

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it! Did you take any vitamins which you could recommend? Thanks :)

6. LucieT13

LucieT13 Type 1 · Member

Hi Charlie
    I’ve been T1D for 9 months now and was TTC for over a year with no luck prior to diagnosis. I’m a bit of a newbie to diabetes so won’t pretend to give you advice but I’ve just had a positive pregnancy test. What I’ve been doing - taking 5mg folic for 4 months, last hbac was 6.5, I’ve been doing low carb (under 50g), keeping in range of 4-8mmol almost 100% of the time and using the Glow app to track my fertile window. Lots of luck and baby dust to you!

7. Charlieann94

Hi Lucie, thanks for your message! I did similar and I found out I was pregnant on the 24th Feb! How are you getting along? :)

8. LucieT13

LucieT13 Type 1 · Member

That’s amazing news, congratulations! I was ticking along fine with the usual fatigue and nausea but have just had a positive covid test and now I’m freaking out. I’m only 8 weeks so pretty worried about development and miscarriage. Sorry, what a downer to your happy announcement!

• Hug Hug x 1
  9. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Really sorry you've got Covid @LucieT13. Hope you only have mild symptoms, and that your baby is ok. I can only imagine how worrying this is for you, sendings hugs and prayers for you both xx

10. Charlieann94

Oh no! How are you?

11. LucieT13

LucieT13 Type 1 · Member

Hi Charlieann
    Sorry for late reply, sadly I miscarried and suspect it was due to having covid but it might of happened anyway. I hope your pregnancy is going well and that you haven’t been too sick and tired

• Hug Hug x 2
  12. Charlieann94

So sorry to hear that Lucie, thinking of you x

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook