Charlieann94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

New the forum so hope you're all well.

I have had T1D since I was 11 - now 27. I also have ulcerative colitis and because of this I had to have surgery at 15 to have an ileostomy or stoma bag - I still have my rectum so currently waiting for surgery to remove this. But, before that can happen we're TTC baby no1 as it reduces fertility dramatically.

I was wanting to know if anyone would share their experiences or stories TTC/early pregnancies. Currently on month 4 of trying, taking folic acid 5mg for around 5 months now and my HBA1c is 6.7 or 50mm. I have just been approved for a pump so I'm hoping this will further my improvement of the HBA1c.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Charlie

Reactions: Antje77

CH88

Hi Charlie,
I was 9 when diagnosed with type 1. I had my daughter 3 years ago in March at the age of 30. It took us 7 months of TTC, seemed like ages but happened in the end!
If you have any more questions please let me know!

Charlieann94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Charlie,
I was 9 when diagnosed with type 1. I had my daughter 3 years ago in March at the age of 30. It took us 7 months of TTC, seemed like ages but happened in the end!
If you have any more questions please let me know!
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it! Did you take any vitamins which you could recommend? Thanks :)

LucieT13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Charlie
I’ve been T1D for 9 months now and was TTC for over a year with no luck prior to diagnosis. I’m a bit of a newbie to diabetes so won’t pretend to give you advice but I’ve just had a positive pregnancy test. What I’ve been doing - taking 5mg folic for 4 months, last hbac was 6.5, I’ve been doing low carb (under 50g), keeping in range of 4-8mmol almost 100% of the time and using the Glow app to track my fertile window. Lots of luck and baby dust to you!

Charlieann94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Charlie
I’ve been T1D for 9 months now and was TTC for over a year with no luck prior to diagnosis. I’m a bit of a newbie to diabetes so won’t pretend to give you advice but I’ve just had a positive pregnancy test. What I’ve been doing - taking 5mg folic for 4 months, last hbac was 6.5, I’ve been doing low carb (under 50g), keeping in range of 4-8mmol almost 100% of the time and using the Glow app to track my fertile window. Lots of luck and baby dust to you!
Hi Lucie, thanks for your message! I did similar and I found out I was pregnant on the 24th Feb! How are you getting along? :)

LucieT13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lucie, thanks for your message! I did similar and I found out I was pregnant on the 24th Feb! How are you getting along? :)

That’s amazing news, congratulations! I was ticking along fine with the usual fatigue and nausea but have just had a positive covid test and now I’m freaking out. I’m only 8 weeks so pretty worried about development and miscarriage. Sorry, what a downer to your happy announcement!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Really sorry you've got Covid @LucieT13. Hope you only have mild symptoms, and that your baby is ok. I can only imagine how worrying this is for you, sendings hugs and prayers for you both xx

Charlieann94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s amazing news, congratulations! I was ticking along fine with the usual fatigue and nausea but have just had a positive covid test and now I’m freaking out. I’m only 8 weeks so pretty worried about development and miscarriage. Sorry, what a downer to your happy announcement!
Oh no! How are you?

LucieT13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no! How are you?

Hi Charlieann
Sorry for late reply, sadly I miscarried and suspect it was due to having covid but it might of happened anyway. I hope your pregnancy is going well and that you haven’t been too sick and tired

Charlieann94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Charlieann
Sorry for late reply, sadly I miscarried and suspect it was due to having covid but it might of happened anyway. I hope your pregnancy is going well and that you haven’t been too sick and tired
So sorry to hear that Lucie, thinking of you x