Tummy Tuck

Nickers

Hello all, I’ve currently lost a good bit of weight and I’m considering a tummy tuck. My HBA1C is a bit high so need it down before they will consider me. Has anyone had an operation like this? Or any advise?
TIA.
Nichola

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, I’ve currently lost a good bit of weight and I’m considering a tummy tuck. My HBA1C is a bit high so need it down before they will consider me. Has anyone had an operation like this? Or any advise?
TIA.
Nichola

Nichola, I haven't had a tummy tuck or such, however a couple of years ago I had some necessary breast surgery. Discussing it with the surgeon at a follow up appointment, I expressed a certain wistfulness that I had hoped to wake up to a rejuvenated pair of bosoms, having lost some volume when I trimmed up, quite some time before my then recent op.

Her response was very enlightening.

She advised that she could render my bobbies as full and pneumatic as I wanted them, however, as an initial cosmetic procedure, for someone, post weight loss, she wouldn't recommend it. Her very strong recommendation was for anyone considering a surgical route, to consider their upper arms first. Whilst not as glamorous as bosom, or face, they are most easily and most frequently on show, and in her experience those ladies who had their bosoms done, without tackling arms, chest and throat, where required, regretted their starting point, as the overall look didn't "flow".

As it was I was offered a bit of reconstruction around my op site, but I declined, because without enough available fat for a fat graft, I didn't want an implant that's could go wrong at a later date.

If you really want to do a bit of body tidying, maybe best to discuss the impacts - physically and importantly, mentally with your chosen surgeon.

Good luck with it all.

Nickers

Nichola, I haven't had a tummy tuck or such, however a couple of years ago I had some necessary breast surgery. Discussing it with the surgeon at a follow up appointment, I expressed a certain wistfulness that I had hoped to wake up to a rejuvenated pair of bosoms, having lost some volume when I trimmed up, quite some time before my then recent op.

Her response was very enlightening.

She advised that she could render my bobbies as full and pneumatic as I wanted them, however, as an initial cosmetic procedure, for someone, post weight loss, she wouldn't recommend it. Her very strong recommendation was for anyone considering a surgical route, to consider their upper arms first. Whilst not as glamorous as bosom, or face, they are most easily and most frequently on show, and in her experience those ladies who had their bosoms done, without tackling arms, chest and throat, where required, regretted their starting point, as the overall look didn't "flow".

As it was I was offered a bit of reconstruction around my op site, but I declined, because without enough available fat for a fat graft, I didn't want an implant that's could go wrong at a later date.

If you really want to do a bit of body tidying, maybe best to discuss the impacts - physically and importantly, mentally with your chosen surgeon.

Good luck with it all.

Thank you for your reply, I am happy with the rest of my body just not my stomach! I have an overhang if fat/loose skin from the weight loss. So will see what they say.
Thanks hun

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply, I am happy with the rest of my body just not my stomach! I have an overhang if fat/loose skin from the weight loss. So will see what they say.
Thanks hun

Good luck with it all. It's quite a big op, as I understand it, so allow plenty recovery time. Getting your bloods into good shape will all help with that.

It'll be good to hear about the new you.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost a lot of weight and developed an apron.
During hot weather the fold became painful, so I unfolded it and wore the lower part of a tight vest - having cut the top off - to keep the skin closer where it ought to be. This was more to protect the sore area and keep it dry, but even though I am approaching 70 my skin seems to have recovered and I no longer need the tight vest, so I suggest waiting to see if your skin recovers before choosing surgery, but don't leave it flapping about in the mean time as that seems to be bad for it.