Turkey bag stolen no infusion kit help needed!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
It would happen to me I'm very a very laid back person, and just take things as they are at the minute I've got enough in my pump I'm just trying to think ahead on what I can do and see what I can sort out for the rest of the days I'm here.
Thank you very much for your concern I've got enough test strips to last me for the extra blood sugars, I will see what the English doctor says at the hospital and take it from there
as you say -- you are thinking rationally and ahead -- I am sure tomorrow morning you will be able to get either some sets for your pump or some long acting insulin to allow you to do MDI

PROMISE you will keep in touch with us here as you get on tomorrow.
x

Leanne85!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You've got a British passport, this is an emergency, if none of the above works out get your man in Marmaris to pull some strings - consulates love a crisis!

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-honorary-consulate-marmaris
You've got a British passport, this is an emergency, if none of the above works out get your man in Marmaris to pull some strings - consulates love a crisis!

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-honorary-consulate-marmaris
Thanks

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Leanne85! so sorry to hear about this.

@RuthW am I right in thinking you're based in Turkey?

Am sending strength your way, Leanne.

:)

Leanne85!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks I found this forum on the internet and seen some lady called Ruth lives in turkey and thought she may be able to help me too but didn't know how I could message her. Fingers crossed
Hi @Leanne85! so sorry to hear about this.

@RuthW am I right in thinking you're based in Turkey?

Am sending strength your way, Leanne.

:)

Reactions: himtoo
D

Deleted member 308541

Thanks I found this forum on the internet and seen some lady called Ruth lives in turkey and thought she may be able to help me too but didn't know how I could message her. Fingers crossed
Have you phoned the British consulate yet, while you are waiting and posting here?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would happen to me I'm very a very laid back person, and just take things as they are at the minute

Keep the "Brittish end up." I feel confident you will come good,come Monday..

Keep us posted. I am (as we all are.) rooting for you!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
According to her profile she hasn't been on here for a while - but it'd be worth PM'ing her, I'm sure!
x

Leanne85!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning well I've been able to get a 5ml cartridge which I used the needle to draw insulin and put into my 2ml cartridge in the pump so I have enough to last me on my pump for another 3/4days it's just the infusion kit I need know as the sticky tape doesn't last forever I'm thinking of just putting a plaster over it to keep it in place. Going to check the pharmacies out today to see if you can get the infusion kit.
Up to know all safe and sound thanks everyone
Xx

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
glad to hear you have got some insulin !!
keep us posted on progress for infusion set !!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @Leanne85!
how are you getting on ??
have you got enough supply to keep you safe ??

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Leanne85! - an additional option is to ask for Levemir at the hospital or Pharmacy, then work out from your basal rates how much long acting insulin you need for the day and night. Simply add up your basals from, say 8am to 8pm, which would be a starter for a morning dose and then 8pm to 8am, which would give you an evening dose.

That would at least provide you with long acting insulin on board, meaning that you don't have to inject fast acting every hour.

Leanne85!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Leanne85! - an additional option is to ask for Levemir at the hospital or Pharmacy, then work out from your basal rates how much long acting insulin you need for the day and night. Simply add up your basals from, say 8am to 8pm, which would be a starter for a morning dose and then 8pm to 8am, which would give you an evening dose.

That would at least provide you with long acting insulin on board, meaning that you don't have to inject fast acting every hour.

Thanks I will check it out at the chemist if I need it up to know my cannula has stayed in, still got another 4days before I'm due home.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Best of luck, lass.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
BRITISH EMBASSEY NEXT PHONE OF CALL IN BY PERSON
HOPE YOU KEEP YOUR PASSPORT IN A TUMMY BAG TO
FAILURE OF INSULIN SUPPLY .....
TRY AND EAT CHEESE . BACON . EGGS . GREENS LETTUCE ALL SALADS GREEN S BASIL , CABBAGE CUCUMBER ALL SUGARS ARE OUT AT PRESENT ONLY USE IF LOW BLOODS
NO DOUBT BY NOW YOU ARE SORTED GOOD LUCK
VIC PS ALSO POLICE