Turned it around

Hansenguy62

As my origional post states. Went docs in oct 2017 diagnoaed me as type 2 diabetic with a blood sugar reading of 6.5. Offered me meds. I Refused and requested 3 months of lifestyle change. Went back today and he told me my blood sugars had dropped from 6.5 to 5.5
Said it was a massive drop in 3 months. After loosing 20lbs and going on high ptotein low carb low low sugar diet for 3 months.
This forum really helped me change my diet and lifestyle. Anyone needing help and wants to know how i managed please mail me im only too pleased to help and share my experience. Im now 179 lbs. Exercising more. Making healthy choices and feeling great.

Thanks to everyone who took time in the forum for food advice diet. Exercise. Readings advice. Etc etc.
Brilliant.

Reactions: Incyb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations your changes have clearly worked well an inspiration for you to carry on with your hard work.

Reactions: Hansenguy62

Wendy18480

Very well done. I am newly diagnosed and have been told to build up to Metformin up to 2000mg a day. This seems very excessive and I can't seem to tolerate more than 500mg per day. So, I'm on one meal a day low carb and since 31st January 2018 have lost 3/4 stone which I'm over the moon about and feel really good. Blow what my GP says and having read a lot in the last fortnight I know which way I want to go. Diet and lifestyle for me, not pills.
I'm getting a copy of my last blood test results later so I will put that up and see what you all can tell me about it.

Hansenguy62

Very well done. I am newly diagnosed and have been told to build up to Metformin up to 2000mg a day. This seems very excessive and I can't seem to tolerate more than 500mg per day. So, I'm on one meal a day low carb and since 31st January 2018 have lost 3/4 stone which I'm over the moon about and feel really good. Blow what my GP says and having read a lot in the last fortnight I know which way I want to go. Diet and lifestyle for me, not pills.
I'm getting a copy of my last blood test results later so I will put that up and see what you all can tell me about it.
Honestly. I believe docs want us all on meds and food manufacturers are killing us with their food
I ate clean for 3 months.
Grilled salmon. Spinage. Boiled eggs. Grilled turkey. Chicken
Omeletts. Vegies. Greek low low sugar yogurt. Nuts till i couldnt eat any more. Oats with sweetner and sugar free jam. . Apple cider vinegar. . No deviation. Plenty water. Diet soda yes diet coke I cant give up all. Lol.
Weightfell off me with a little running and some weights. You have to want to beat it. Im sure u can

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As my origional post states. Went docs in oct 2017 diagnoaed me as type 2 diabetic with a blood sugar reading of 6.5. Offered me meds. I Refused and requested 3 months of lifestyle change. Went back today and he told me my blood sugars had dropped from 6.5 to 5.5
Said it was a massive drop in 3 months. After loosing 20lbs and going on high ptotein low carb low low sugar diet for 3 months.
This forum really helped me change my diet and lifestyle. Anyone needing help and wants to know how i managed please mail me im only too pleased to help and share my experience. Im now 179 lbs. Exercising more. Making healthy choices and feeling great.

Thanks to everyone who took time in the forum for food advice diet. Exercise. Readings advice. Etc etc.
Brilliant.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Like you I have turned my diagnosis around. Oct 2017 HbA1c 10.8 last week I went for my first check up and my HbA1c is 6.3 diet and exercise, no meds.

Reactions: Incyb