Type 1 Binge eating disorder

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HaggeNat - nighttime overeating is surprisingly common, as you're probably discovering now.

Although there's some comfort in knowing others are going through the same things, it's also frustrating that others are also going through the same things!

Whilst, in the past, I have experienced an eating disiorder, mine wasn't binging, in fact quite the opposite, but one things I have found useful for those times when I want to do something, but know I shouldn't (it might be losing my temper, or hitting "Buy" on something I don't need, or whatever), I try make myself make a cup of tea, or coffee and drink that before acting.

Much of the time it works really well, but sometimes it just defers the act!

Nobody's is perfect, and sometimes we need to concentrate on doing a bit less of the unwanted stuff, then repeating the process.

Behavioural change isn't easy, and if you can identify why you do what you do, it all helps, but these lightbulb moments of realisation don't always these reveal themselves up-front.

Good luck with it all. If it's taken a while to get to this point, it'll take a little while to completely reverse your direction.

It's not easy, but it is doable.

HaggeNat

Great advice, the only issue I have with emptying cupboards is that I am a carer for my disabled Mum and brother with learning difficulties who live with me and my husband so there are 4 adults at home and I can’t restrict them as well!!
Need to think how I do that as I need to not see the bad stuff! I will speak to my nurse and try to get a plan in place, thank you for replying so quickly.

HaggeNat

U
@HaggeNat - nighttime overeating is surprisingly common, as you're probably discovering now.

Although there's some comfort in knowing others are going through the same things, it's also frustrating that others are also going through the same things!

Whilst, in the past, I have experienced an eating disiorder, mine wasn't binging, in fact quite the opposite, but one things I have found useful for those times when I want to do something, but know I shouldn't (it might be losing my temper, or hitting "Buy" on something I don't need, or whatever), I try make myself make a cup of tea, or coffee and drink that before acting.

Nobody's is perfect, and sometimes we need to concentrate on doing a bit less of the unwanted stuff, then repeating the process.

Behavioural change isn't easy, and if you can identify why you do what you do, it all helps, but these lightbulb moments of realisation don't always these reveal themselves up-front.

Good luck with it all. If it's taken a while to get to this point, it'll take a little while to completely reverse your direction.

It's not easy

It's not easy, but it is doable.
Thank you for the support, it is good to know it’s not just me, making a cup of tea is my go to feel good during the day, I might think about making more of a special treat like using my tea pot and a lovely cup with time to think before bingeing. Thanks for the ideas, brilliant group!!