Type 1 confussion

Specsquee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Recently diagnosed (little under 2 months). My levels have been stellar. Eatting properly, seeing a dietician for more food options and nutritional knowledge.

My issue is I operate and regulate on little to no insulin. I was perscribed Toujeo / Novopod (15U twice a day for Toujeo and 1U of Novopod). I have cut out Novopod completely... (causes me to hypo even if i underdose after i eat if im walking around), and the toujeo i take between 10-15 only once a day. Through all of this i am maintaining healthy levels....during the day between 100-140. I know of the honeymoon period but this seems ridiculous.

I was also diagnosed with anemia and an overactive thyroid and take medication for those. Can someone help me make sense of all this?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As you've already identified it's all down to the Honeymoon Period @Specsquee

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Does it always seem so severe? Running very normal. I am gonna see an endo for the first time this week and wanted to make sure i wasnt crazy.

Mine was so long ago, but do remember starting on insulin then having to decrease the dosage by quite a bit then steadily increasing it over time.

Good luck with the appointment.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, may be the honeymoon but your needs will probably increase as mine have. Don't forget to do carb-counting once your Bolus needs increase. This will reduce hypo risk and increase eating freedom.