Type 1 diabetes and sleep deprivation!

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
@15561675 may we get some information of what this survey is for, hopes to achieve etc?

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Hi,
I am a university Graphic design student looking into sleep deprivation of type 1 diabetes, to help create a concept of social design that can enable a better nights sleep.

Sounds good.
I've completed your survey, good luck :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi,
I am a university Graphic design student looking into sleep deprivation of type 1 diabetes, to help create a concept of social design that can enable a better nights sleep.
Hi, as a Type 1, the first question that arises is "Do you have type 1 diabetes?".

I'm not sure how you expect your survey to assist in improving sleep through social design, but it might help to better understand the population with which you are dealing. For example, your question about insulin looks like you've gone on to the NHS BSA website and pulled the list of delivery methods off it rather than listing actually prescribed insulins, and for example, your questions don't demonstrate any correlation between amount of sleep and sleep deprivation - you have assumed that everyone has some, when the reality is that many don't.

I think if I was you I'd go back and look at your subject matter, as I have to admit that I'm not sure how social change is going to enable a type 1 to sleep better.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi, as a Type 1, the first question that arises is "Do you have type 1 diabetes?".

I'm not sure how you expect your survey to assist in improving sleep through social design, but it might help to better understand the population with which you are dealing. For example, your question about insulin looks like you've gone on to the NHS BSA website and pulled the list of delivery methods off it rather than listing actually prescribed insulins, and for example, your questions don't demonstrate any correlation between amount of sleep and sleep deprivation - you have assumed that everyone has some, when the reality is that many don't.

I think if I was you I'd go back and look at your subject matter, as I have to admit that I'm not sure how social change is going to enable a type 1 to sleep better.

Totally agree... please rethink your purpose and survey..