Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
MODY? I'll have a Google for that aha

Hmm maybe... I'm not sure tbh, but I did get diagnosed at 21 but neither of my parents are type 1 though

But your brother is....

The info I get from googling is mildly contradictory (one source said you had to get it before 25, another that it occurs in second to fifth decades), but you'd fit either criteria.

purplesally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I try I just don't think about it alot of the time. I know that's a poor excuse, I don't really know what to say. I have seen those on TV, do you think it helps?

Please please work on getting it in control. Due to a wrong diagnosis I ended up in hospital for 2 weeks on drips, pumps and heart monitor with DKA. When discharged I was almost blind, had lost feeling in one lower leg and foot and could hardly stand unaided. Its taken18 months to get better, well better enough to go back to work part time. It has meant weekly physio, daily at home exercises, monthly eye injections and a lot of misery. Try setting alarms on your phone when it is time for you to eat and for your slow release insulin. It really isn't worth playing around

Reactions: kitedoc