Daisyhelpme

Hello my partner is type 1 diabetic his 21 years old and in the past month this is the second time he was woken up in the morning with nausea, sickness, and stomach pains. His blood levels and ketones are ok one minute then rise but go back down again so hospital have refused to take him in as its nots life threatening. This normally last 4/5 days. it’s the 4th day with no food , just pains and sickness and lack of sleep and non stop nausea. Does anyone have any advice on what he can do to make it go away and to prevent it from happening again☹️

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

If this is the second time this has happened, my advice would be to visit a doctor and find out what is causing it.
Four to five days of no food, pains, sickness and lack of sleep is something to be checked out.

I cannot think of anything diabetes related that would be causing it ... but even if it was diabetes related, I think he needs a doc.

Daisyhelpme

If this is the second time this has happened, my advice would be to visit a doctor and find out what is causing it.
Four to five days of no food, pains, sickness and lack of sleep is something to be checked out.

I cannot think of anything diabetes related that would be causing it ... but even if it was diabetes related, I think he needs a doc.

Thank you for replying to me, last time it happened he went to hospital and they put him on drips and pain relief but couldn’t do anything else and let him out it stopped 2 days later and 2 weeks later it’s happened again i tried to call an ambulance but my area wouldn’t send one out as they were to busy and said they was only going’s to life threatening injuries, this is now the 4th day off pains sickness vomiting blood and not being able to sleep through the night due to it,just wish I new something to help!

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Call a ambulance.
If he's vomiting blood he really needs proper care.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Daisyhelpme As your partner is type 1 and his blood glucose/ketones are all over the place I would get him straight into A&E, his condition needs to be monitored by doctors and requires urgent attention. Things for a type 1 can very quickly get alot worse so being seen asap is a priority. Good luck please let us know how he is.

Daisyhelpme

Hello @Daisyhelpme As your partner is type 1 and his blood glucose/ketones are all over the place I would get him straight into A&E, his condition needs to be monitored by doctors and requires urgent attention. Things for a type 1 can very quickly get alot worse so being seen asap is a priority. Good luck please let us know how he is.
Thank you juicyJ , I rang 999 on Wednesday morning as he was in a lot of pain and they wouldn’t send a ambulance or paramedics out they said it wasn’t life threatening, just really don’t know what else to do now to help him.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thank you juicyJ , I rang 999 on Wednesday morning as he was in a lot of pain and they wouldn’t send a ambulance or paramedics out they said it wasn’t life threatening, just really don’t know what else to do now to help him.

WOW!!!! Get back on to the emergency services and tell them he is type 1 and his BGs are really high!! Insist they send an ambulance ASAP

Daisyhelpme

His blood levels are actually ok at the moment there 10.1 and keystones 0.3 but when I rang the the ambulance out last time they was higher but wouldn’t send one.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I there any way of getting him into A&E???

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Can you call your GP and get an emergency appointment there ?