1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by 1974darrenh, Oct 9, 2011.

1. James_Donnelly

James_Donnelly · Well-Known Member

49 which I am happy with as I had let it drift up too high to 63 when I got measured start of 2020.

49 means back in the good range. So in percentage I think it works out to 6.6%

Gonna try get it back down to what I was for the first 5 years of my diagnosis between 2014 and 2019 which was around 34-37 or 5.3-5.5%

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lynne C J

Lynne C J Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My last HbA1C was 42, translates to 6.0. I exercise every day, Yoga or Pilates and brisk walking. It really helps with blood sugars although I do have to manage lows as a downside. Been T1 for 41 years....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yarvale

Yarvale Type 1 · Newbie

Mine today was 34 (5.3%) with my last one four months ago being 38 (5.6%) which I'm a bit concerned about as this seems very low. Been T1 for 16 years, but this is the lowest ever.

I'm waiting to get the libre, but from my finger pricks 70% are within range, with 10% being hypo and 20% hypers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. StewM

StewM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

39 mmol/mol (5.7%) Tresiba/Fiasp

6% Low
    74% On Target (3.9-7.9)
    20% High

I actually thought this was going to be way worse cause the post-Vaccine results have been way worse than normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hannah Robyn

Hannah Robyn Type 1 · Member

6.4% or 46mmol/mol. Very happy with this as I eat lots of carbs and don't want to give them up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dave P

Dave P Type 1 · Well-Known Member

37 or 5.5% today. Still, I tested myself before I went in this morning and my blood sugar was 9.7, a rise of over 4 since I tested on waking, and despite taking plenty of insulin for the small breakfast I had. So all is not well, despite the good hba1c. I just hope these occasional spikes I get due to apparent morning insulin resistance aren't causing damage, like the background retinopathy that was identified a few months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield · Member

My A1C was 13.6% three months ago, which I think works out to 125.1 if I did the conversion correctly.
    T1 for 8 years, BMI 22.1, 24yo. MDI, 50 units of tresiba daily. I have terrible insulin resistance (recently learned I make insulin antibodies) but I’ve been working really hard to fight back. My next appointment is in just a few days. Doc said my CGM data looked closer to 8.5%/69.4 the last time he checked, and I’m hoping he’s right.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook