Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

baz2107

Type of diabetes
Type 1
44 (6.2) I'm delighted was 45 (6.3) 3 months ago and 118 when diagnosed in August.

Don't think my diabetes nurses are quite as impressed as they have concerns over my hypo awareness

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
I don't even know.
Well over 14% :(

Trying now, sorry all!

Negi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
highest was 11.8 last year
lowest was 6 about 3 years ago
last month it was 8.3

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got mine this morning, 37 down from 60 in March 2013.

Adamski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
14% at diagnoses. 4 weeks later had managed to lower it to 9%

Aiming for 6.5% at next checkup in November

Reactions: 4 people

lilyfleur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm hoping it'll be lower than that last one (11.7%) at next check- the last was before restarting on the pump and a low carb diet again, but I'm not expecting miracles. The first time I started on a pump and low carb diet, I dropped from over 14% to 7% in just 6 months and it all went so smoothly! This time, first few weeks were great and now I'm finding I have tonnes of hypos and random unexpected highs and there is no logic or pattern to any of it! Grr!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
8.0% (64) down from 9.7% (83) on 3rd March. I am very pleased. The DSN was amazed with the improvement, and particularly with the improved average blood sugar (down from 10 to 6) and its standard deviation (1.8 now versus 4.8 then) which shows very good stability. I've had 8.0% Hba1c before a few years ago, but that was with poor stability - lots of highs and lows.

Interestingly she had no problem with low carb being part of my arsenal (along with the pump and CGM) and she said just keep on doing what you are doing. She was really impressed by the results.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people