Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine is 6.9, So higher than I'd like, I'm T1, does anyone know what the ideal is?
The ideal is, normal non diabetic levels, without hypos or loss of hypo awareness.

Much easier said than done!

As far as the NHS is concerned your 6.9% is about optimum and they wouldn't advise you or support you to push it lower. Many people disagree with that stance.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Stattovic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horse Racing, loud pop music
What are your H test results?

Mine is 7.1mmol
I am get quite worried about my blood tests - have been diabetic for 40 years and on insulin for about 30 years - having had some worrying reports from my doctor regarding needing laser treatment on my right eye and a few issues with my kidney, I have started taking the blood glocus readings.

I have cut down on my favorite chocolate, fruit cake with cup of tea in the afternoon, even taken to drinking water with no squash Last week the readings are still between 20 and 23.

I have to get it down to 7 or 8 - a nightmare synario is causing me great concern.

I found this forum recently - so could someone please advise me what I am doing wrong.

vslater87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughters was 9.7% it was her first reading as only been diabetic since December we were told it waa very high, I was so upset for her am finding this very stressful as she's only 2 want to trade places with her as she does get very poorly at times! Xx

craig81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4% but too many lows for my liking so that number is maybe a bit artificial. Start insulin pump next week. Now if I could get 6.4% with no lows then that would put a massive grin on my face.

Reactions: 6 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My daughters was 9.7% it was her first reading as only been diabetic since December we were told it waa very high, I was so upset for her am finding this very stressful as she's only 2 want to trade places with her as she does get very poorly at times! Xx
Did they give her an HBa1c test at diagnosis? I bet that 9.7 value is way down from diagnosis, and so there is every reason to believe it will be down further at her next test. Don't worry.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am get quite worried about my blood tests - have been diabetic for 40 years and on insulin for about 30 years - having had some worrying reports from my doctor regarding needing laser treatment on my right eye and a few issues with my kidney, I have started taking the blood glocus readings.

I have cut down on my favorite chocolate, fruit cake with cup of tea in the afternoon, even taken to drinking water with no squash Last week the readings are still between 20 and 23.

I have to get it down to 7 or 8 - a nightmare synario is causing me great concern.

I found this forum recently - so could someone please advise me what I am doing wrong.
g'day mate, I can't help but the cluey guys here can, a T2 on insulin should get decent numbers
can I suggest you start your own thread/topic and tell as much detail as you can, insulin type, dose, time of day, average Bg moring and 2 hr after meals during the day. when you go to bed etc.
also how open are you to cut some more carbs?

vslater87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks spiker no they didn't do anything like that only a blood sugar test and she was 23.0 I noticed the weight loss then water drinking started so I took her in as knew it had to be diabetes! Then she went on insulin in December last year got her 2nd test may 30th! Fingers crossed it has come down xx

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i'd imagine my average blood glucose would be over 12, thus my hba1c would fall into the category of dangerously high, but this is because I have depression and it makes it hard for me to realise that I am doing irreparable damage to my organs which furthermore makes me give up on living altogether. I can't get stuff for depression because apparently my situation is not severe enough to be given anti-depressants (I heard you got to be suicidal or near suicidal to get any, so if I die because of organ failure, thats essentially the doctors fault).

Emma2589

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my first one today, 9.8 having only been diabetic for 6 weeks and being admitted to hospital with DKA and extremely high levels, I'm happy with a 9.8 as I'm confident I can get it down by my next appt :)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Hi there,
For some basic info and support around Type 2 diabetes go and check out the 'type 2 kit bag' on www.teambloodglucose.com . Have a read through the bit on 'diet'. I wonder if you are still taking on board too many carbs and/or not bolusing accurately?
Follow the advice of the type 2 guys here on the forum. Lots of support here - stay positive, because with the right changes it will be possible to bring your BGs down to a healthier level.

HeatherMay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mines 6.3 which is considerably good. My doctor has since discovered that although I am a type 1 diabetic I am still producing a tiny bit of insulin myself. He classes me as a VERY lucky diabetic as I have no problems what so ever!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A cheeky 34 (5.3%) yesterday.

Cholesterol had crept back up a little, but I can live with that for now.

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A cheeky 34 (5.3%) yesterday.

Cholesterol had crept back up a little, but I can live with that for now.

My cholesterol normal and Hb..... 7.1 which my Doctor was Not happy about but I did not think was too bad but obviously could be improved upon!

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow 5.4 is brilliant!
Mine this week was 6.4 which is the lowest its ever been so I am happy with that.
I got that result without having too many lows also

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Wow 5.4 is brilliant!
Mine this week was 6.4 which is the lowest its ever been so I am happy with that.
I got that result without having too many lows also
I'm trying to edge down a bit lower but can't seem to break the 5.4 barrier