Type 1's against Type 2's

julie54

what is means Andy = is that you are human! And normal! And have all of the failings we all have = that's what it means! And thank god for being human and normal!! :D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I talked to a Counsellor a while back... Amonst things that he said was.."being diagnosed in my teens meant that I had orobably taken a lit more care of myself than if I hadnt got diabetes T1 early..
Have to say that I agree with this totally, and am actually now glad I got my wake up call early....

Our world and living has changed so much, its unbelievable... And as fast as the world changes, so does the increase in Diabetes (any type). As the availabilty of media and news changes.. So does the availabilty to meet great people on forums such as this....

Diabetics are diabetics fullstop. once diagnosed we are all then given options to gain control of our living and eating habits... (I wish my hubby could do this!!) and limit the dreadful foodstuffs that are so taking over our shops and internet. I believe that it is the change in our foods that is increasing the diabetes.

I think the media is appalling. The only perspective they have is to sell and make money...

Even doctors get paid by drug companies and incentives from them...

It doesnt matter what type of D we have.... We inevitably have to fight our own battles and corners at some point.

The best place for D living and help and friends is HERE!!!!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having worked in the national media ( fleet street back when it still existed) I can state categorically, there is nothing they like more than a stereotype they can pin a label to. Much like immigration, T2's are an easy target despite the facts being entirely different. The media have an uncanny skill of taking two and two, twisting it together and coming up with five, providing it gives them a good headline.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why can't everyone just get along? Really, isn't a harmonious life easier all round. Everyone would like to be accepted as they are but so many are slow to accept others this way. Have had a very strange few days and feel a bit disillusioned with people

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
At least all you t1s and t2s have a type! I am still undiagnosed after having the condition for 21 years as no one can agree what I am - personally I think i'm MODY but only one consultant will agree as my genetic testing came back negative. So I'm t1 at my GPs , t2 at one hospital, undiagnosed at another and basically no one can agree. The best I got is that I'm 'functionally' t1 as I'm not making much of my own insulin.

It is all rubbish though as no matter what type you have you have the same or similar chances of developing complications.

I must admit I can shy away from the t2 diagnosis because of the media/stigma thing. As in, if someone thinks I am t1 I am less likely to correct them than if they think I am t2. But I think that as diabetes develops and people live for longer with it, and their genes get in the gene pool (not long ago you either wouldn't live or wouldn't reproduce) then there will be an understanding that there is more than 2 types, actually lots of types and hopefully this t1 v t2 thing won't persist.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i actually think you hit the nail on the head with being happier to be considered type 1 therefore distancing yourself from the lesser thought of type, by accident :) and i would probly do the same tbh

H

Hooked

Morganator said:
My consultant and I have agreed that I have PITA diabetes (pain in the a**e) which is why I have problems with insulin resistance, possible allergy etc :grin:

:lol: :clap:

I think that I have been misdiagnosed as a T1, my diabetes is definitely PITA!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hooked said:
Morganator said:
My consultant and I have agreed that I have PITA diabetes (pain in the a**e) which is why I have problems with insulin resistance, possible allergy etc :grin:

:lol: :clap:

I think that I have been misdiagnosed as a T1, my diabetes is definitely PITA!!

I know I have not been misdiagnosed :roll: like you, my diabetes is definitely a PITA :roll: and I have the bruises to prove it :lolno:

ps hope your ok hooked :thumbup:

RRB :)