Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

Browndoff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Like SRO, I had DKA late last year - first time in 45 years as a type-1 diabetic! This has produced chaotic variability in my BG readings since last October - but for today, it was 11.8 at breakfast, 10.4 at lunch and 8.5mmol/l at evening meal. Believe it or not, that's rather better than some days recently!

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.1 + 1u at bed. 8.7 waking. But I had had 15g carbs at 5ish because my dexcom was alarming, I think I had just been lying on it. Sigh...

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12.8 before bed, 4u correction, 4.1 this morning - any other time 4u correction would drop me by about 4mmol.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Went to bed at 5.6. Woke up at 9.3 thanks to rolling onto sensor in the night and setting the low alarm off. Automatically treated it when I didn't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james122

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HIGH blood sugars!
10.9 this morning ! Can't be bothered to do all the hard work controlling it anymore.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed at 5.6. Woke up at 9.3 thanks to rolling onto sensor in the night and setting the low alarm off. Automatically treated it when I didn't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap! See post 422 above. Glad it's not only me :)

TeamBeal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12.1 this morning almost given up trying to control this disease I just have to except complications are around the corner I must start to get prepared for dialysis and amputations one day!

James, you sound so defeated. I noticed you are very young to be feeling so defeated! Are you not being cared for by the diabetic team? I hope you are, speak to them, they will help you. Don't be beaten, amputations and renal failure are a real possibility but after a long time of badly managed hyperglycaemia, certainly nothing you should be worrying over at your age or for the foreseeable future.
Pls, get some help, go to your family for support too, I bet your parents would love to help you, I know I would!!
I can imagine it must be hard at 19, I feel for you. Please let me know how you get on! Xx

Greg&Rachel (parents to Carter T1 aged 8)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Went to bed at 6.2 and woke up at 7.3, In the meantime I had a roller coaster overnight as I went up and down like a crazy thing with no bolus on board, yet dropped to 3.2 at 2am, fed carbs to come up, hit 11 shortly after and then came back down to 7.3 on waking, where I continued to drop.

The only thing I can think of was that yesterday I had to take the dogs out for a few short walks, but under normal circumstances, this wouldn't generate the roller coaster. I'll be keeping an eye on it tonight...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, 6.6 last night and 5.5 this morning (I wonder If I can get a 4.4 before lunch)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
10.9 this morning ! Can't be bothered to do all the hard work controlling it anymore.

James, sorry you are feeling so down and out, many have been through the same or similar and then have to dig a bit deeper to find a good balance. I know it can be so hard, at times, but please don't suffer, see your diabetic team and you can also gets lots of advice and support on here.
Take care

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.5 last night and 4.5 this morning :) - surprised as I have a sore throat/cold developing

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 going to bed. But 8.1 an hour later, so 1u correction. 6.9 waking.

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 before bed and totally stable according to Libre, 12.2 this morning and slowly rising - good morning lady hormones! Sigh...cue a week of erratic sugars it's back down to 5.3 now where it belongs but I see a day of micro-dosing Novorapid awaits.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.6 last night, 6.5 this morning pre breakfast, 7.4 now :happy:

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9.7 before bed 8.9 this morning with a flat libre profile,after increasing my basal by a unit, that'll do me!