Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:)Yesterday was my first full day of single figures. Bed on 7.3, woke up at 6.5.
Congrats! I hope your trend continues. I too am on a quest for a day of singles. I'm getting closer but I still get those occasional post meal spikes. Still! I bet it felt super good?

Reactions: 2 people

chloegeek

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fell asleep at 7.3 after treating a slight low with a lot of peanut butter I then woke up a bit late up at 8.4. Probably my lowest overnight spike to date. Would love to figure out why my overnight change is different every time!

Might need to do a bunch of checks during the night at some point and try and map what's going on.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.3 going to bed, 2u correction (which in hindsight may have been too much, but in my defence the night before after the same meal and same activity a 1u correction for 8.7 did absolutely nothing), by 3am had dropped to 4 so did half a shot of glucojuice & woke up at 3.6.

It's like it's just messing with me, it knows I would like to be 4-7, so it goes well I can be 8 or I can be 3 but I will not stay in the desired middle bit for any prolonged period of time I'll just pass right on through to 8 or 3. I suppose I should be thankful it's not doing 12 or 2 , which is usually its favourite trick.

Really must stop anthropomorphising my blood sugar!

Reactions: 5 people

iHs

8.3 going to bed, 2u correction (which in hindsight may have been too much, but in my defence the night before after the same meal and same activity a 1u correction for 8.7 did absolutely nothing), by 3am had dropped to 4 so did half a shot of glucojuice & woke up at 3.6.

It's like it's just messing with me, it knows I would like to be 4-7, so it goes well I can be 8 or I can be 3 but I will not stay in the desired middle bit for any prolonged period of time I'll just pass right on through to 8 or 3. I suppose I should be thankful it's not doing 12 or 2 , which is usually its favourite trick.

Can you do correction doses in 0.5u at all as that might help. Also, sometimes it's easier to manipulate the carb a bit more than muck about trying to adjust insulin to perfection. Eating some basic cheddar cheese before going to bed usually causes me a mild high that stays for many hrs unless I get up and do a correction so I feel it might be true what is said about cheese acting as a preventer of bg lowering and also eating something like full meat gluten free sausage is good too

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

what a great analogy of BG's -- i was laughing my head off at ""passing through" between 8 and 3
that pretty much sums up the rollercoaster that is D ( i know not like that every day but it seems like it is )
and the anthro word had me scrambling for my D dictionary - gave up at having to do a bg test to see if i was 3 or 8 :D

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
what a great analogy of BG's -- i was laughing my head off at ""passing through" between 8 and 3
that pretty much sums up the rollercoaster that is D ( i know not like that every day but it seems like it is )
and the anthro word had me scrambling for my D dictionary - gave up at having to do a bg test to see if i was 3 or 8 :D

I think I might have made a word up (I sort of corrupted it into being a verb, when it isn't). Anthropomorphic adj - ascribing human characteristics to a thing not human. You know, "aww, the dog is sad" or "my blood sugar is being a complete **** today".

Reactions: 5 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I think I might have made a word up (I sort of corrupted it into being a verb, when it isn't). Anthropomorphic adj - ascribing human characteristics to a thing not human. You know, "aww, the dog is sad" or "my blood sugar is being a complete **** today".
i pretty much knew it weren't( LOL ) a word but your humour and style are worthy of a cambridge type dictionary response :)

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 going to bed, with a tiny bit of orange juice. I thought I had good night with a perfect flat line waking up at 4.4. But the dexcom lied & actually I'm 3.4. But it's not that low, I'll take it. Obviously not going to be exercising before breakfast though, which is a shame - first time in a fortnight I feel well enough to run (evil virus) & my blood sugar says no.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
5.1 before bed and 7.0 this morning

( but yesterday was the pumping day from the caves of beelzebub ):eek:

Reactions: 4 people

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a night off my strict regime as got down quite low yesterday, and ended up with 15.1 this morning. Back to it this morning.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
4.2 at bed ( plus 20 carbs )
10.7 this morning :(

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
4.5 at bedtime and 5.5 in the morning.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Had a good one yesterday morning. Went to bed at 8mmoil/l. Woke up at 6.9. One hour later I was at 12. Had to get up very early for a long drive, and if that isn't spectacular getting up phenomenon, I don't know what is....

Also been seeing delayed digestion when eating carbs. Clear drop as insulin kicks in ahead of digestion, then prolonged rise after bolus has run out. Thank god for pumps and multiwave boluses. Means I've been getting some annoyingly high overnights recently.

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!
Was at 4.9 just before going to sleep - took 3 jelly babies and woke up at 6.0!
Travelled the hour to work and was then 7.5.
Every morning I get an increase when I get in to work! Still - i'll take the 7.5!