Type 1's What is your BG in the morning?

Angiebabe

I'm the T2 who is allergic to insulin and waiting for allergy test results to see if i'm allergic to the actually I sullen or the preservatives - I'm on a very low carb and low cal diet to try to control BGLs however what i can't workout is why my bgl before breakfast is now 6-7 and 3 hours after low carb breakfast and taking my metformin and diamicron it is always up to 13+ !! Very weird - any ideas?

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Dizziness,palpatations and shaky hands when I got up-felt awful-Tested and I was 6.6 :eh:

pickle76

That's great Paul! The 6.6, not the feeling awful! It may be that because you've run high for a long time, your body's giving you 'false' hypo symptoms. It's used to running on higher blood sugars and now they've come down you may be experiencing the hypo symptoms without actually being low enough for the hypo. I had similar when I got my levels down some years ago and this is how it was explained to me. It won't last forever and you'll get used to running at more normal levels, and probably won't feel like that unless your Bg is under 4. Hope you feel better later and have a good day :thumbup:

pickle76

Angiebabe said:
I'm the T2 who is allergic to insulin and waiting for allergy test results to see if i'm allergic to the actually I sullen or the preservatives - I'm on a very low carb and low cal diet to try to control BGLs however what i can't workout is why my bgl before breakfast is now 6-7 and 3 hours after low carb breakfast and taking my metformin and diamicron it is always up to 13+ !! Very weird - any ideas?

Hi, I don't know too much about T2 but I expect others here will, or try the T2 forum. I guess your rising levels could be because you do in fact need to be on insulin, and the meds aren't working well enough any more? Hope you get some help/advice :)

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.0 this morning. Poor you Paul. Perhaps you are coming down with something. I felt dreadful for over a week but feeling so much better since yesterday. When I was I'll, I kept thinking I was having hypos but it was quite the opposite. Hope you feel better later in the day.

Loey

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Thanks Loey! :wink: I think I was having the beginning of a 'False Hypo' as my levels have dropped so much.I ate breakfast and I'm starting to slowly feel better. :)

shop

9.9 this morn :( Overcompensated on a hypo before bed as wanted to make sure high enough going to bed. :?

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Paul1976 said:
Thanks Loey! :wink: I think I was having the beginning of a 'False Hypo' as my levels have dropped so much.I ate breakfast and I'm starting to slowly feel better. :)

Brilliant!

thetallerpaul

Sorry to hear about feeling bad but below 7 already! Again, wasn't really thinking would happen that quick.

I'm sure it won't be long until I win the £1m Premium bond prize.......

(Worth a go?)

I get those false feelings when I get below 5 now instead so sure it will sort out soon.

Shop, must be hard doing a physical job and judging how much you need to avoid that.

Mine was 5.9 this morning. Not bad but a bit higher than I would like. I'm not sure what to do about it as more insulin made no odds. Weird.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Paul that's a great number - sorry you're feeling the false hypo.

TTP, I have days when my body has decided that my BG will be X despite my best efforts to change it.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Paul1976 said:

The False Hypo's will settle down Paul once your bg starts to stabilise......good bg reading BTW! :thumbup:

Angiebabe

Thanks for the input - spoke with my diabetic nurse and she said exactly the same as you - ie I really need insulin - anyway going to try the Newcastle diet from tomorrow as it's my only hope until I can sort out this diabolical dilemma - that's if I can of course - fingers crossed and prayers to the Good Lord that I will be able to take some sort of insulin before too long because I am getting a bit desperate now.

thetallerpaul

Angie,

Go steady on the Newcastle diet as I tried too hard to cut out carbs when I was waiting for Insulin (in my case because they thought I was type 2) and I ended up making myself sick enough to end up in hospital. Nothing serious as it turned out but while they are sorting out meds it confused the issue. I turned up at the practice with BG at hypo levels, no energy and starvation ketones. They were expecting high BG to give me Insulin but couldn't at those levels.

Paul

shop

Shop, must be hard doing a physical job and judging how much you need to avoid that.

Its difficult because my days are so varied. But wouldnt have it any other way :)

Pneu

shop said:

Its difficult because my days are so varied. But wouldnt have it any other way :)

Shop... maybe you could consider a pump? Really useful to be able to have different background insulin rates for different times or type of days... might help you to achieve better control.

shop

Pneu said:
shop said:

Shop... maybe you could consider a pump? Really useful to be able to have different background insulin rates for different times or type of days... might help you to achieve better control.

Hi Pneu,

I saw my Consultant last week and he said he has an action plan in place. 1, carb counting course 2, half dose pen, 3 Split levemir dose and he said If we cant get my HBA1C down without hypos we may consider a pump. So I suppose it is being considered. I think he wants to exhaust other measures first. Which I kind of get!

Thanks for the suggestion !

Lucy.

iHs

shop said:
Pneu said:
shop said:

Hi Pneu,

I saw my Consultant last week and he said he has an action plan in place. 1, carb counting course 2, half dose pen, 3 Split levemir dose and he said If we cant get my HBA1C down without hypos we may consider a pump. So I suppose it is being considered. I think he wants to exhaust other measures first. Which I kind of get!

Thanks for the suggestion !

Lucy.

Good that you've got a forward thinking consultant Lucy .................
Half unit pens are a must so get yourself 2... one for basal and one for bolus. :wink: