• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Type 1'stars R Us

was just 6 years old when i was diagnozed and hospitalized for 10 days.
I'm now 58 btw and i remember being the only diabetic and the other boys on my ward had had their tonsils out and for pudding they got ice cream with rice pudding and i got nowt.......i've never forgotten that!!!
I was 2 when diagnosed and in hospital for about a week. Similarly to you @Tony337 I haven't forgotten everyone else on the ward getting banana sandwiches, jelly and ice-cream and rice pudding etc. I got bread and butter, 1 rich tea/ digestive biscuit or an apple. It was horrible. I'm now in my early 60's.
 
I was just 6 years old when i was diagnozed and hospitalized for 10 days.
I'm now 58 btw and i remember being the only diabetic and the other boys on my ward had had their tonsils out and for pudding they got ice cream with rice pudding and i got nowt.......i've never forgotten that!!!

Its no wonder i'm like i am....

lol

Tony
Weirdly, I went in for an ENT procedure a couple of weeks after my diagnosis as an 8 year old 5 decades back.

When I came round, (still feeling drowsy.) they were trying to get me to shovel ice cream down my neck?

I wasn’t in the mood for anything.
 
Fresh squeezed orange juice yum..... My neighbor has a tree and we are welcome to pick all the ones within reach and in fact she has said we can freely go into her yard to pick some. That just feels weird so we don't. I guess because I always have dogs and would never give that access to anyone.
But I will squeeze a bunch when they are in season, super juicy and sweet and perfect for when my BG levels start to drop or just are ebbing lower.
But I don't think nowadays I would ever consider drinking 3 glasses, no less even one full glass as I feel it would make me feel awful. OJ hits fast and trying to dose for it and wait for the right timing to drink that much feels well....
I dosed for maple syrup on banana pancakes once, I managed to dose for it right probably by being aggressive with my dosing, but I remember not feeling well and thinking a bite or two of my husbands is a better bet. That's what hubbies are good for and he always willingly shares bites!!!!!!
 
Back
Top