Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well well I had NO idea that pictures of small multi legged fascinating araneae would generate so many complaints in such a short time for the post to be moderated within a few minutes.

We do indeed live in enlightened times.

(edited by mod)

Hate to be the harbinger of bad news.

If i'm very much mistaken. Rule B9 can be implemented too..

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

As you may already realise, this thread disappeared from view for a while in order for the moderation team to delete a number of posts which breached our forum rules. Those deletions have now been made, nd the thread is now back in its normal place.

I would like to remind everyone reading this that we are all subject to the website terms and conditions, and the forum ethos and rules. We all signed up to them when we joined the site, and we are all subject to the consequences listed in them, if we break them.

Thank you to @Jaylee and @helensaramay who have already posted links to those rules on this thread today, but you can always find them in the Greetings and Introductions section of the forum, and there is a link in the signature of every moderator. Consequently they are easy to find, and well worth a read, since non-compliance comes with consequences.

Everyone whose posts have been deleted has been notified, so they know why they have been moderated.

And now, back to your usual Thursday evening chat...

Reactions: Antje77

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, @Steve Zodiac. Welcome to the thread.

I can't say I had an unpleasant day at work, because the people were really all nice, but I'd much rather be back in my former work area. I really can't see how my move has been justified. Nor can my new colleagues. It's not they don't want me there, but they can see I'd be much better used elsewhere.

My blood sugars didn't like it much either. But that's possibly the Novorapid deciding it's time to give up before 4 weeks out of the fridge is up.

Oh well, an early night methinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I did go out today, to another town with a river that runs into a canal. I arrived at the river then saw a boat on the other side, so I quickly walked back over the bridge, asked if I could come aboard, they said yes and I paid my £6.00 for an hour and 15 minutes, it was lovely :happy: Here are some pics :
DSC_1136 - Edited.jpg
View from abridge
DSC_1103 - Edited.jpg
Front of the the boat, Jubilee
DSC_1101 - Edited.jpg
Some of the buildings still have some of the wooden frames, going back to the 17th century
DSC_1130 - Edited.jpg
Two of the crew members opening the lock
DSC_1132 - Edited.jpg
Swans and ducks, were on the river:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if every time T1 diabetes didn’t play by the rules someone could come along and just delete the problem.
Unexpected hypo........no fear we can just delete it.:):):):).

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if every time T1 diabetes didn’t play by the rules someone could come along and just delete the problem.
Unexpected hypo........no fear we can just delete it.:):):):).

I said to my daughter yesterday, I've had enough of type 1 and want a divorce !!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So did anyone else panicked when the thread disappeared?

Not panic, but thought, what the heck, I go out for the day, come back and say 'what the flip has happened' ? or words to that affect :rolleyes:o_O

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast . Great idea. Only problem would be solving one of those ridiculous riddles.:):)
We’d all be hypoing out of our heads trying to solve those clues.
Another problem would be finding room in old Dusty Bin once we’ve thrown Ted in there.:)

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast . Great idea. Only problem would be solving one of those ridiculous riddles.:):)
We’d all be hypoing out of our heads trying to solve those clues.

Another problem would be finding room in old Dusty Bin once we’ve thrown Ted in there.:)

That problem could be solved, because the bin would be similar to Mary Poppins bag, as deep as the ocean and as mysterious too, so room for all ( especially Ted ;))

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Had a great day with older daughter and little dog, who I’ve agreed to care for on the odd days when well laid plans fall apart. Happy! Little dog will ‘sit’, ‘lie down’ and ‘come here’ for me now. Brighter than the average bear - oops, dog! Beginning to see evidence of her wolf DNA in her desire to hoard food in the den too. Also heard the Shiba scream today when she wanted attention - it sounds as though she’s being tortured. Will have to put it in context.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no excuse but could I ask how does everyone post a gif on a forum post? I know about insert images and videos but not gifs. :hilarious: